604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
DIVISION CHIEF - SPECIAL OPERATIONS
Proactive leader and manager of personnel and programs, offering more than 14 years of experience as a firefighter. Extensive experience as a motivator and coordinator, able to focus the efforts of diverse groups to a common goal. Committed to providing innovative protection programs that reflect the values, diversity, aspirations, and priorities of the community they serve. Effective combination of interpersonal, analytical, and organizational qualifications with strengths in:
• Coordination with Existing Organizations • Administration & Reporting
• Public Speaking & Community Outreach • Federal & State Regulatory Compliance
• Team Building, Training & Management • Strategic Planning & Critical Thinking
• Program Development & Direction • Design of Policy & Procedures
SPRINGFIELD CITY FIRE DEPARTMENT, Springfield, OR
1989 - Present
Captain - Operations Division
Currently supervise Engine 1B, Dive 1B, and coordinate shift manning as Captain of Operations. Scope of responsibility is broad and includes supervision, direction of fireground activities, tactical operation of emergency scenes, safety of firefighters, and the protection of life and property. Additionally responsible for ensuring continued compliance for all OSHA, NIOSH, NFPA standards and regulations. Promoted on several occasions due to knowledge, skills and high level of integrity and dedication.
• Developed extensive knowledge of all emergency response program plans including Dive Rescue, Technical Rescue, Hazardous Materials, Airport Rescue Firefighting, and Special Events.
• Instrumental team member developing policies and procedures including safety and minimum standards for Dive Rescue Company.
• Managed an extensive firefighter training program for Recruit Academy and assisted in development of Firefighter II program currently being utilized, resulting in improved standards and operations.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain productive relationships and partnerships with a wide variety of organizations, officials, and individuals including businesses and local citizens.
• Cooperatively worked with local government agencies such as EPA, DEQ, Boise City Public Works, Boise Parks and Recreation, and Boise Police Department.
• Conducted public education classes on fire prevention, water rescue, CPR, and First Aid training through gained knowledge of instructional methodologies.
Fire Officer I
Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
American Heart Association BLS Instructor Trainer
Instructor Trainer National Fire Academy Leadership Series
Dive Rescue -
• Public Safety Diver • Swift Water Rescue
• Ice Diving • Ice Rescue
• Current Diving • Deep Diving
Technical Rescue -
• Rope Rescue Technician
• Confined Space Rescue
• Trench Rescue
Hazardous Materials -
• Awareness Level • Operations Level
• Technician Level • Incident Command System
Airport Rescue -
• Operations Level
PRWRA Denette Jones - Jones Career Specialties - Boise, Idaho 83706 - http://www.jonescareerspecialties.com - firstname.lastname@example.org - (208) 331-0561 - (208) 361-0122 fax