604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER … FACILITIES DIRECTOR
· Construction management professional with five years of multi-unit, start-to-finish project management experience and facilities management responsibilities for a 780,000 square-foot senior living community with 400 independent-living/assisted-living units and 108 skilled nursing beds.
· Recognized for consistently achieving outstanding project results: completed every project within budget and timelines while meeting or exceeding stakeholder requirements. Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong communication skills.
· Construction/Project Management core competencies include:
· Multi-Site Expansion
· Outside Service Management & General Contracting
· Feasibility & Risk Analysis
· Cost, Quality & Safety Management
· Bidding, Contract Review & Contract Administration
· Vendor Negotiations, Vendor Management, & Procurement
· Local, State, & National Regulatory Compliance
ALEXIAN VILLAGE OF MILWAUKEE – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1997 to Present
Owned and managed by Alexian Brothers Health System, a non-profit organization known for identifying and developing effective responses to community health and housing needs.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER AND DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES (2000 to Present)
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES (1997 to 2000)
Direct/control activities and staff involved in design, planning, construction coordination, modification, maintenance, utilities, security, grounds, transportation, housekeeping, and administration of all facilities and equipment. Position reports to the Chief Executive Officer, manages a team of 45 with seven direct reports, and is accountable for a $3.1 million combined operating and capital improvement budget. Work closely with local and national design professionals, including Kahler Slater and CS&D Architects, and a team of outside contractors.
Selected Accomplishments and Projects
· Implemented computerized maintenance management (CMM) and reduced outages by 40%, recouped initial investment in two years.
· Hired and trained in-house personnel to perform facilities management functions and reduced annual operating expense 15%. Developed a cohesive, customer-oriented team.
· Community Based Residential Facility (assisted living facility) new construction, $6.2 million budget, 75,000 square feet. Completed in 10 months within budget.
· Health Center (skilled nursing facility) remodeling, $2.5 million budget, 300,000 square feet. Completed in three months within budget. Health Center and CBRF (above) required extensive coordination with internal departments and regulatory agency personnel.
· Adult Day Center new construction, $250,000 budget, 24,000 square feet. Completed three centers in seven months within budget.
· St. Francis Bank ®, Country Store ®, and Beauty Salon new construction, $200,000 total budget. Completed bank in two months, store and salon in eight months.
· Main Lobby remodeling, $1.3 million budget, 9,000 square feet. Completed in eight months.
· Custom residential new construction – 800 to 2,000 square feet apartments and condominium units – completed per owners’ specifications for materials and floor plan.
KOEPER CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING – Hartford, Wisconsin
2000 to Present
Maintain/monitor start-to-finish job schedules; serve as liaison between homeowners, employees, and subcontractors. Develop bid packages, analyze/review bids, and award contracts. Determine budgets and monitor costs; implement action plans to overcome cost/schedule concerns. Manage electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical contracts.
PMW ELECTRIC/LOSS PREVENTION SYSTEMS – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1995 to 1997
LAKELAND COLLEGE (currently enrolled in Bachelor of Business Admin. program) – Sheboygan, Wisconsin