Operations Manager Start Up Operations
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Position utilizing extensive transportation industry experience, proven ability to open new offices and successfully expand operations, strong customer service, sales, and administrative experience, exceptional people skills, and a documented record of significant accomplishments in all previous duties.
Skilled in all aspects of business development for start-up operations, opening of new offices, recruiting new employees, initial advertising and marketing, capitalization and funding, operational management, developing business plans and strategies, transportation and fleet management, client relations, instituting cost controls, internal audits, and customer service.
Motivating and training new staff, budgeting and cost controls, instituting preventative maintenance and safety programs, ensuring completion of special projects, scheduling tasks and projects, price negotiations, program implementation, records management, accounts receivable / payable, and working with accountants to ensure proper financial reporting.
Making sales presentations and prospecting for new business, monitoring the competition, achieving targeted sales goals, promotion planning, account development, and designing programs to increase revenues.
Extensive experience in purchasing and procurement, skilled in obtaining the best prices and quality for equipment, parts, and supplies, utilizing contacts to find dependable contractors and mechanics, and maintaining accurate inventory.
Fully bi-lingual in Spanish and English, group training ability, production of proposals, advertisements, memos, correspondence, and reports, counseling and disciplining employees in an effective manner, correspondence, coordination of special events, and expertise in business communications.
Consistently noted by employees, regulatory agencies, clients, and the public for superior detail-oriented management skills, uncompromising professional ethics, ability to prioritize tasks to accomplish maximum results, timely completion of projects, and a reputation for solving organizational problems with innovative solutions.
Professional On-the-Job Training
• Labor and Fuel Cost Controls
• State and Federal Regulations
• Staff Supervision and Training
• Basic Daily Bookkeeping and Payroll
• Driving Safety and Accident Prevention
• DOT Rules and Permitting Requirements
• Purchasing of Vehicles, Parts, and Equipment
• Fleet Management & Vehicle Maintenance Programs
• Satellite-Based Computerized Vehicle Tracking and Monitoring Systems
Lincoln High School, Lincoln, NE
SFB Trucking, Cleveland, OH
1990 - Present
Owner / Operator
HR Duties: Hired, supervised, coached, and motivated a staff of 175 personnel, including drivers, mechanics, bookkeepers, and office staff. Ensured that all personnel were managed effectively, coordinated recruitment, administered salary structures and payroll, implemented and facilitated training programs, and mentored employees to develop safety awareness and customer service skills.
Business Development Duties: Developed and implemented business plans for targeted growth, planned, monitored, and met all company profit goals and objectives, supervised day-to-day operations, identified new and existing markets for expansion, ensured collection and control of funds, and managed all marketing efforts.
Administrative Duties: Maintained an up-to-date knowledge of all applicable state and federal laws and DOT regulations, updated staff on new guidelines, identified cost-effective insurance and liability strategies, managed accounts payable / receivable, answered correspondence, tracked and monitored financial performance, and solved organizational problems as needed.
• Initially hired as a management trainee to learn all aspects of a growing family-based DOT-approved and permitted transportation business, including bookkeeping, payroll administration, vehicle maintenance, and daily operations.
• Promoted to manager in 1990 with responsibility for directing all operations, consisting of transporting passengers in DOT-approved 14-passenger / 2-driver vans throughout the entire 48-state continental U.S.
• Primary passenger and customer base includes a wide range of college students, Spanish-speaking travelers, technical and blue-collar employees, families, and other travelers requiring economical transportation, with 50% speedier service than commercial bus lines.
• Successfully grew business from 3 offices to open additional offices, including renting office space, setting up all operations, hiring new staff, and marketing. Implemented an effective surprise inspection program for all offices on a 2-week rotation basis. Also set up 2 franchise operations in Mexico.
• Increased fleet from 5 to 30 vans, instituted effective maintenance programs to prevent breakdowns and repairs, and put in a new PDT 100 satellite-based computer reporting system in each van that monitored the speed, tracking, and safety of all vans, at a cost of $1,300 per vehicle plus additional monthly charges.
• Personally handled hiring and training of personnel, increased staffing from 20 employees to 175 employees, including drivers, office staff, bookkeepers, and outside CPAs.
• Achieved a record $3 million in gross revenues ($2.5 million net) through aggressive advertising and marketing, careful labor and fuel cost controls, accurate bookkeeping, and sound financial management.
PRWRA Grant Cooper - Strategic Resumes / YWW - New Orleans, LA 70118 - firstname.lastname@example.org