604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
· Accomplished Certified Public Accountant with strong leadership skills and extensive experience in tax return preparation, financial management, accounting, financial reporting, auditing, and risk management.
· Directed all aspects of accounting and finance within multimillion-dollar organizations, including cash flow management, financial statement preparation, budget management, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, and treasury.
· Instrumental in ensuring the financial integrity of all reports and filings, including Federal, State, and SEC.
· Adept in administering corporate stock option plans.
· Comprehensive background in general ledger accounting, including account analysis, account reconciliation, accruals, journal entries, and month-end/year-end closing.
Candidate for Certified Management Accountant
Candidate for Certified in Financial Management
Candidate for Certified Public Accountant
Master of Science, Accounting (expected 2004)
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA – Orlando, FL
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Double Major in Accounting & Finance (2000)
NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY – Boston, MA
UNITED AIRWAYS, INC. – Orlando, FL
2002 to Present
Handled general ledger activity including month-end and year-end closes. Prepared and filed disclosure involving the SEC including 10K, 10Q, and 8K. Spearheaded monthly and quarterly conveyance compliance reports filings involving banks and investors. Controlled corporate stock option plan administration responsibilities. Provided exceptional level of support to external auditors concerning quarterly reviews and annual audits.
· Involved in all aspects of financial statement preparation, which enabled management to make sound business decisions based on accurate financial position of the company.
· Streamlined financial reporting processes involving quarterly capital expenditures as well as month-end general ledger close, which resulted in improved productivity levels.
· Contributed to the implementation of a new accounting information system, which significantly improved operational efficiency levels and accuracy of accounting transactions.
FROMMET CORPORATION – Burlington, MA
2001 to 2002
Managed all aspects of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. Directed profit and loss reporting initiatives. Handled cash flow management responsibilities on a daily basis. Led sales and use tax filing activities for multiple states. Participated in general ledger functions including account analysis and reconciliation, accruals, and closing processes. Prepared monthly consolidated financial statements and analyzed results. Executed foreign currency translating and monitoring including British Pound and EURO. Supervised international sales transactions and filed appropriate tax returns involving VAT (U.K.).
· Played a key role in developing and introducing new corporate policies and procedures that increased productivity levels and improved internal controls involving accounting, inventory control, customer service, warranty service, and shipping/receiving.
GFK NETWORKS, INC. – Cambridge, MA
1999 to 2001
Senior Staff Accountant
Participated in all aspects of accounting and financial management. Established and implemented corporate policies and procedures. Managed budgeting responsibilities including budget planning and variance analysis. Developed and presented financial reports to management. Aided the Chief Financial Officer with venture capital financing, business plan development, and financial analysis. Interfaced with the Board of Directors.
· Supervised and trained a team of staff accountants in daily job responsibilities, which ensured proper handling of all financial and accounting transactions.
RAYMONDSON, INC. – Boston, MA
1998 to 1999
Provided exceptional level of support concerning accounting initiatives. Assisted in accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
· Contributed to the success of performance improvement initiatives established by management, which resulted in maximized profit levels.
SBC INTERNET COMMUNICATIONS – Cambridge, MA
1997 to 1998
Spearheaded financial management functions on a daily basis including asset management, cash flow management, and expense reporting.
· Played a key role in improving financial reporting processes within the organization.
Investment Club of Fitchburg – Founding Member