Program Manager Non Profit
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Health Advocacy ~ Community Outreach ~ Public Awareness ~ Relationship Building
Energetic professional with experience and proven track record of success in program management, project implementation, community outreach for mission-oriented organization. Expertise in developing public outreach initiatives and strong advocacy networks, which targets diverse and underserved communities. High level of performance in relationship building, decision-making and communicating.
Key Qualifications include:
Project Analysis & Evaluation
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint; QuattroPro, Access, FileMaker Pro
University of the District of Columbia
Bachelor of Science in Psychology – 1998
PROFESSIONAL WRITING & PRESENTATIONS
· “Genetic Alliance”, company presentation to GENE Michigan coalition, 2004
· “Genetics Factsheet”, informational pamphlet on basic terms and concepts of genetics, 2004
· “Genetics: Back to Basics”, educational seminar on genetics, its social implications and career opportunities in the field of genetics, 2003
· “The Relevance of Genetics to Health and Families”, educational forum on the importance of genetics and family history, 2002
HEALTH ADVOCACY EXPERIENCE
Genetic Alliance, Washington, DC
Career progression through series of promotions with increasingly responsible positions, from Project Coordinator to Outreach Coordinator (2002) to Executive Program Coordinator to current position as Outreach Program Manager (2004).
Outreach Program Manager
Manage and oversee outreach program activities for international health advocacy coalition with over 600 advocacy, research and healthcare members. Develop and maintain relationships with local and national constituents and community-based organizations.
Increase the involvement of underserved communities in health policy issues and promote genetic education to policymakers, healthcare consumers, and researchers. Plan strategies to integrate concerns of underserved communities into organizational programs and initiatives.
· Community Partnerships: Successfully spearheaded partnerships with hard-to-reach community organizations, efforts led to improved communication and stronger relationships between local and national partners.
· Community Outreach: Increased the level of participation from individuals of color by 75% through consistent education and meaningful outreach activities.
· Relationship Building: Created effective educational presentations to national coalitions, which spurred support and collaborated with other community organizations.
· Public Relations: Played instrumental role in improving company’s image and credibility in communities through workshops and forums.
Initiate System, Inc. (formerly Madison Information Technology), Chicago, IL
Quality Control Consultant
Recruited to conduct site project coordination at multiple medical facilities nationwide for leading provider of software and services for managing patient and healthcare provider data. Supervised and trained 200 staff over course of the project.
· Project Coordination: Twelve-month project investigated databases of more than 500,000 patient records for potential duplicates.
· Problem-Solving: Efforts successfully increased records accuracy by 95%.
· Technical Writing: Developed procedural manual subsequently used by medical facilities to train staff.
Booz, Allen & Hamilton, Inc., Tyson’s, VA
· Data evaluation: Hired to centralize proposal data for company’s newly established information portal.
University of the District of Columbia – Neuroscience Lab, Washington, DC
Georgetown School of Medicine – Pharmacology Department, Washington, DC
· Technical Writing: Researched information for grant proposals, industry articles and medical presentations for national publications.
· Training: Trained and supervised research students and oversaw laboratory operations.
Other experience includes various positions taken to help finance cost of college education such as home health aide, office manager, and human resources assistant.
Counseling: Founded SURVIVORS, a support group for survivors of sexual assault. Facilitated group discussions and sustained strong support networks.
Outreach: Led and designed outreach initiatives for VOICES, a support group for abuse victims.
Support: Provide mental and emotional support as a Child Birth Coach for women during birth.