Controller Electronic Publishing
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Graduate of an MBA program with an emphasis on accounting and international business with 5 years of tax experience and 2 years in finance and accounting. Provided executive leadership while managing all financial activities of a multi-million dollar corporation. Expertise includes developing capital budgets, forecasting, analyzing cash flow, analyzing jobs and product costs, reducing expenses, negotiating equipment leases, preparing financial statements, and managing inventory. Prepared a company for acquisition.
Electronic Publishing, Inc., Dallas, Texas
1999 - Present
Manage all accounting and financial services for a $6 million CD and DVD manufacturer, maintaining profit and loss responsibility. Interact internally with company president, production managers, information technology managers, technical staff, sales manager, and sales team. Maintain additional responsibility for facilitating the manufacturing process, including process flow, scheduling, and personnel issues. Communicate externally with vendors, clients, and financing companies to negotiate terms on receivables and payables.
• Participated on the executive team from start-up, including development of the mission statement, vision statement, business plan, capital budgeting analysis, financial statements, and policies and procedures for accounting, finance, and manufacturing processes.
• Created and implemented an automated system that tracks business processes from throughout the entire manufacturing cycle.
• Negotiated a 10% to 15% reduction in vendor pricing and terms.
• Significantly improved customer satisfaction by providing internal controls for meeting time sensitive deadlines and decreasing time for problem resolution.
• Researched and developed relationships with potential buyers, providing financial information relative to due diligence and valuation of the business throughout a six-month time frame to sell the business in July 2001.
• Consulted with new owners during a short-term transition period.
Deloitte & Touche, Dallas, Texas
1999 - 1999
Worked within the International Assignment Solutions Division, managing global tax consulting projects and compliance work for expatriates. Major corporate accounts included Shell Oil Company, Alcatel, Coca-Cola, Kellogg, Ericsson, Ford, and HEB. Interacted with high net worth individuals such as company presidents, vice presidents, chief executive officers, chief financial officers, and senior engineers.
• Received "train the trainer" instruction on Exclaim, an electronic project files database and trained both the Dallas and Denver offices
• Created a 90% paperless work environment and eliminated all shipping costs for the transfer of paper files between offices.
Ernst & Young, Naples, Florida
1996 - 1998
Researched, designed, maintained, and enhanced Ernst & Young's STAR for Windows income tax products. Utilized knowledge of tax support and preparation of expatriate tax returns to provide development support during a conversion from MS-DOS to Windows environment and implementation of the STAR for Windows software application. Traveled across the U.S. and lived in Toronto, Canada for six months to implement and train employees on this program. Prepared tax returns.
Computer Linguistics, Houston, Texas
1994 - 1996
Tax Software Developer
Researched, designed, maintained, and enhanced TaxRight income tax products within both MS-DOS and Windows environments. Provided support to clients. Attended conferences to participate in roundtable discussions and to learn about new products in this industry.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook), STAR, TaxRight, MAS 90, and Visual Basic.
University of Texas at Dallas
Master of Business Administration
Specialization in Accounting and International Business
University of Texas at Austin
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
Raised funds for nonprofit organizations through the Hong Kong Student Association.