Controller Hotel Operations
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Accounting and business professional with broad experience in all aspects of accounting and financial management. Demonstrated hands-on management style in the development and implementation of strategic plans to ensure company growth. Solid planning and organizational skills in coordinating all aspects of each project from inception through completion. Well disciplined with proven ability to manage multiple assignments efficiently under extreme pressure while meeting tight deadline schedules. Ascertain needs and goals, streamline existing operations, turn around unprofitable functions, envision new concepts and future trends, and follow through with development, direction, and accomplishment. Effectively communicate direction, commit people to action, and convey complex information in easily understood formats.
Comprehensive experience in:
• Organizational Re-Engineering • Financial Leadership
• Banking and Investor Relations • Cash Management
• Financial Management / Analysis • Multi-Site P&L Management
• Reporting / Documentation • Planning / Scheduling
• Business Analysis • Hardware and Software Systems
• Budget Preparation • Human Resource Management
Maxwell Management Group, Omaha, NE
2001 - Present
• Analyze financial statements and company operations experiencing financial difficulties and formulate recommendations to management.
Ferndale Inn, Omaha, NE
1985 - 2001
General Manager / Controller
• Maintained overall authority for the financial operation of this 67-room hotel with 35 employees, including a full service restaurant and lounge. Performed budget preparation and administration, audit, taxation, accounting, monthly closing of books of record, account reconciliation, and journal entry adjustments. Prepared monthly, quarterly, and annual reports summarizing and forecasting company business activities and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations. Developed financial statements, analyzed business trends and daily operating costs.
• Directed day-to-day operations including strategic business and market planning, sales, and advertising and marketing plans.
• Supervised, directed, and supported a staff of 35 responsible for accounting, contract administration, purchasing, management, housekeeping, maintenance and secretarial support.
• Maintained and updated personnel files including wage and salary information, performance reviews, employment regulation compliance, payroll processing, and employee benefit program administration.
• Implemented administrative infrastructure to support company-wide growth from ground up to sales of $1.5 million at time of sale.
World Management Corporation, Omaha, NE
1982 - 1985
• Prepared and analyzed financial statements for multi-site company with sales in excess of $20 million. Managed accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, billing, credit and collection, monthly and year-end financials, and supervised payroll for 80+ personnel. Directed a staff of five.
• Coordinated business fund transfers, cash receipts, disbursements and monthly account reconciliation.
• Instrumental in reversing Pallet Plant losses of $8,000 per month to profit of $8,000 per month.
• Reduced office staff by 3 and maintained productivity.
Omaha University, Omaha, NE
B.S., Accounting, Minor: Mathematics