Operations Manager Recent Graduate
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Operations Management graduate with ability to interpret organizational directives/missions, and transform into goal-attaining action.
• Successful at working on multidisciplinary teams.
• Technology Savvy: MS Office 2000 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and Internet.
STATE UNIVERSITY, St. Paul, MN
Bachelor of Science, Management
GPA: 3.65, Graduated magna cum laude, Honors Program
Concentration: Operations Management
Program core: Just-in-Time, Total Quality Management, Service Operations, Customer Satisfaction, Benchmarking, Process Analysis, Automation, Productivity Improvement, New Product Development, Cost Reduction Programs, Supply Chain Management, Service Operations, Managing for Quality, Manufacturing Operations, Business and Organizational Management (multifaceted courses)
• Self-financed 100% of education, graduating debt free. Balanced work, high honors, and extracurricular sports.
HIGH SCHOOL, Sauk Prairie, MN
GPA: 3.98, Graduated with Honors (Top 5% in class of 256)
• Team and leadership activities: Basketball, baseball, and DECA competition at the district and state levels.
• Initiated steps to study operations language through APICS, the Educational Society for Resource Management, toward Certification in Integrated Resource Management (CIRM) and Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), attaining global standards of competence in business and manufacturing.
• Played a leadership role on several class-project teams, taking initiative yet empowering all members of the team to contribute on a timely and organized basis. In a Behavioral Science class, served as sole liaison/mediator with 3 collaborative groups. That class received a 98% grade - the highest ever given.
Acme Resources, Sauk Prairie, MN
1999 - Present
Performed warehousing duties (forklift driver, weekend crew supervisor, inventory control) for a national distributor often ranked #1 in service by customers. Received excellent reviews. One of only 2 out of 15-person crew given a performance-based raise.
XYZ Store, St. Paul, MN
1998 - 1999
Lawn and Garden Clerk
Became the Lawn and Garden Department's key resource person, often sought out for advice by customers and staff. Went above and beyond duty, i.e. unloading a whole truck of inventory to transform it to organized inventory on the floor. Recognized for "exceptional effort" with a merit raise.
ABC Garden Store, St. Paul, MN
1995 - 1998
Showed a willingness to do whatever was needed to learn the field: loading/unloading heavy pallets of sod, going off site to plant trees, pruning, watering, cashiering - working with others or independently.
PRWRA Barb Poole - Hire Imaging - firstname.lastname@example.org