Sales Professional Hospitality
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
~ Offering Exceptional Customer Service & Interpersonal Dynamics ~
Motivated and well-respected individual offering successes in creating long term client affiliations. Consummate ability to cold call, conduct all administrative processes, and close the deal. Prioritize workload handling multiple projects with competing deadlines. Professional demeanor interfaces equally well with clients, internal employees and third party contacts from all levels and backgrounds. Persistent, resourceful and innovative with fierce initiative and a willingness to travel. Self starter, eager for new challenges.
· Client Relationship Management
· Territory, Key & National Accounts
· Competitive Sales Negotiations
· Market Analysis & Penetration
· Strategy Development & Execution
· Time Management
· Presentations & Training
· Sound Decision Making
QUALIFICATIONS IN ACTION
OWNER / OPERATOR: Harbor Landing Bed and Breakfast
2001 - Present
Established a popular tourist accommodation facility for travelers within the Georgian Bay region, harbourlanding.com. Concentrate on the details that matter to ensure repeat visitors and positive referrals: exceptional customer service, meticulously clean, beautifully decorated, and gourmet breakfasts.
· Upbeat interpersonal strengths interact seamlessly with patrons from throughout Canada and Europe.
· Consistently receive written accolades like “Thank you for the beautiful way in which you took care of our every need,” and “Your B & B exceeded our expectations. Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality and your kind and generous help”.
OWNER: Copper Grill
1998 - 2000
Built this 40-seat, contemporary bistro from the ground up. Project managed all facets of construction, interviewing, hiring, training and ongoing leadership for a staff of 10.
· Awarded a Four Star Rating with Toronto.com. Further, voted Best of 1999 Toronto Restaurants.
· Featured in Toronto Life Magazine. Cited as “One of the city’s most desirable restaurants in which to dine”.
FRANCHISE OWNER: Second Cup Coffee Co.
1993 - 1998
Accepted the challenge of purchasing a small, (750 sq ft) franchise operation that had fallen into disrepair and diminished sales.
· Undertook an extensive renovation initiative. Introduced non-smoking policy, innovative at this time. Rejuvenated the operation with upbeat décor, live jazz bands and by featuring paintings by local artisans.
· Screened and provided motivational leadership for a staff of 15, 364 days per year. Ensured consistency in all operational aspects by holding regular staff meetings, clearly communicating the corporate vision, and by reinforcing the importance of stellar customer service.
· Interviewed by CBC’s Venture to discuss the business aspects of being a successful franchisee for The Second Cup.
· Efforts rewarded with annual sales tripling during this time period.
The Second Cup Ltd., Toronto, Ontario
Originally retained in a temporary capacity. Skill-set quickly recognized, and asked to handle corporate enquiries and communications functions.
· Ambitious nature embarked on completing the specialized and rigorous franchisee training program. Resulted in purchasing the aforementioned location.
EARLIER CAREER EXPERIENCE
Appointed to drive sales for multiple operations including real estate and ladies clothing lines. Earned roles of Territory Manager for both Elizabeth Arden and Estée Lauder Cosmetics.
TECHNOLOGY: Windows, Word, Excel, E-mail, and Internet Research.
BACHELOR OF ARTS STUDIES
1989 - 1993
York University, North York, Ontario
Majored in Anthropology. 1 ½ credits short of graduating.
PROFESSIONAL COOKING COURSES
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Calgary, Alberta
Beaver Valley Accommodations Association
B & B Canada
Meaford Chamber of Commerce
Women With Vision