Office Operations Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
OFFICE MANAGER / CUSTOMER SERVICE / PERSONNEL MANAGER
· Consistently commended for analytical as well as service-oriented aptitude. Design systems and procedures to maximize workplace efficiency and boost productivity. Thrive on challenges; utilize available resources. Knowledgeable regarding current government regulations such as COBRA compliance issues.
· Meticulously manage daily office operations. Able to multi-task and work unsupervised; equally effective as team member/leader. Collect data to make decisions. Resolve customer problems with speed and diplomacy; exemplary speaking and listening communications skills.
· Demonstrate respect for authority and organizational structure. Motivated to quickly learn new skills. Win through patience and resolve.
· Computer-proficiency on Windows and Macintosh platforms and technology skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Mail, Works), WordPerfect, Lotus 1-2-3, DVI/VDI transcribing systems, digital voice wave interpreter, CAI and V3 systems, Datatrieve, R-Base, ICD9 Coding, Internet research and communication.
Ellwood City Hospital – Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
2004 - present
Boulder Community Hospital – Boulder, Colorado
E-Docs/AVRI Healthcare – Richardson, Texas
American Community Services (ACS) – East Liverpool, Ohio
1992 – 1994
· Accurately transcribed dictation for medical doctors and therapists.
· Monitored and delivered requests for urgent transcription projects to meet needs of physician and surgery schedules.
· Recognized for generating superior physician satisfaction by implementing process to deliver files. Boosted efficiency and timeliness by creating ZIP files to deliver documents by email to identified destination.
Tole ’N Trinkets – Volant, Pennsylvania
2003 – 2004
· Courteously assist customers in a country emporium with purchase selections. Create attractive merchandise displays. Records show boost in sales of displayed merchandise.
· Designed and installed new landscaping featuring flowerbeds that encouraged customers to visit store. Comments from customers show this strategy worked.
· Took the initiative to reorganize an existing storage room and create a second stock room to accommodate increased volume of merchandise. Facilitated ready access to merchandise and rapid, efficient retrieval for restocking.
State of Ohio, Bureau of Workers’ Compensation – Warren, Ohio
1995 – 2000
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (CLAIMS REP)
· Monitored and investigated workers’ compensation disability and medical claims for compensatory issues to ensure compliance with guidelines.
· Within 24-hours of receipt of notification, initiated minimum 3-point contact by phone with employer, employee, physician and any other party to accurately identify extent of injury and return-to-work possibility. Followed-up to monitor treatments and establish appropriate course of action.
· Coordinated with other divisions (e.g., rehabilitation and medical reps) to resolve problematic issues. Completed reports and maintained detailed diary system of claim activity.
Monroe Health – East Liverpool, Ohio
1993 – 1994
ON-SITE SUPERVISOR, Office of Dr. Kamlesh Aggarwal
· Managed office staff of 8; created schedule to ensure smooth daily operations. Negotiated grievances and improved employees’ job satisfaction by implementing strategies to convey appreciation for their work contributions.
· Communicated any and all vital messages and diagnostic results to physician.
· Produced all billing, ICD9 Coding and coordination of insurance notifications. Improved patient satisfaction and lessened insurance co-pay confusion. Generated appropriate compensation for services rendered.
A. D. Lupariello, MD – Butler, Pennsylvania
1990 – 1992
Mercer Osteopathic Clinic / Dr. Brenton Long – Mercer and Shippenville, PA
1989 – 1990
MEDICAL SECRETARY / TRANSCRIPTIONIST
· Scheduled medical assistants for physician group of five nephrologists in four office locations to ensure proper staffing levels per patient scheduling.
· Streamlined patient scheduling by coordinating appointments and testing on same day. Scheduled appropriate lab and diagnostic testing; facilitated referrals and consultations.
· Accurately and efficiently transcribed medical office chart notes and letters for five physicians to ensure timely availability of records.
Waldman’s Meats, Inc. – New Castle, Pennsylvania
1987 – 1989
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY TO PRESIDENT
· Competently produced correspondence and reports to support president. Screened telephone calls and relayed messages as appropriate.
· Entrusted to manage personnel issues pertaining to pension files, employee personnel files and COBRA compliance issues.
· Filled in as retail sales manager, traveling to customer homes to give demonstrations of meat products. Took orders and enrolled people as home distributors.
Previous experience included Inside Sales and Merchandising Administrative Assistant.
State Police Criminal Background Check, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Older Adults Protective Services Act Clearance, Pennsylvania Dept of Aging
Child Abuse History Clearance
FBI Criminal Background Fingerprint Check
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Claims Skills Assessment Demonstration, State of Ohio Civil Service Exam
Claims Training, 3-week (off site) coursework
Word Processing Specialist & Clerk
Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Law
Ohio Revised Code classes
Notary Public, 1986-1987
Windows and Excel computer training
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Real Estate License, 1988
B.S., Human Resources Management, 1993, Geneva College – Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Clarion University – Clarion, Pennsylvania
Grove City College – Grove City, Pennsylvania
Certificate of Completion, Wilma Boyd Career School – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Jane Roqueplot - email@example.com - http://www.janecos.com