E Commerce Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Project Management • Application Development • EDI Management
Highly qualified IT professional with successful record determining and documenting requirements for IT products, logistics, and financial applications. Outstanding problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills with proven ability to conceptualize solutions to challenging situations and implement practical, cost-effective project plans. Characterized as a talented strategist, communicator, project leader and customer relationship manager. Areas of expertise encompass:
• Quality & Productivity Improvement • Budget & Resource Planning
• Client Relationship Management • EDI & Systems Integration
• Supply Chain & Product Management • Troubleshooting & Test Management
• Product & Design Research • Team Building & Leadership
• International Transportation & Logistics • Technology Needs Assessment & Solutions
University of California, Berkeley
B.A., Political Science
Technical College, Schwandorf, Germany
Post University Training Courses
Project Management; Introduction to SQL; Leadership, Training & Conflict Resolution
BARKLEY SYSTEMS, San Diego, CA
2001 - Present
Develops software solutions that completely manage marine terminal operations and communications
• Currently manage EDI group; leading the development of EDI applications of several internally developed large-scale software packages. Instrumental in establishing the internal business and resource infrastructure to support development, implementation and operations.
• Improved productivity through development of appropriate procedures, which ensured ISO certification for organization. Decreased customer complaints and dramatically reduced post-implementation support; achieved trading partners functional expectations by 100%.
• Implemented project tracking tools, successfully communicated status of each project to company executives and key operations personnel ensuring projects were completed.
• Instrumental in initiating and implementing several technical improvements to existing infrastructure, drastically reducing error rate and network traffic.
• Established formal communication channels with trading partners, resulting in improved communications with external trading partners, improved reputation, fewer complaints and reduced support.
• Wrote requirements for e-commerce module addressing existing EDI requirements and anticipated B2B integration needs.
• Executed EDI processes for large-scale software implementations including requirements gathering, process design, development of data conversion, communications procedures, and user acceptance testing.
CRAFT INCORPORATED, Almeda, CA
2000 - 2001
Internet startup providing B2B payment and invoicing services over Internet
• Managed new B2B product for an e-commerce company producing a coherent product strategy including defining product, documented requirements, evaluated prospective vendors, researched competitors, produced marketing materials, and coordinated sales efforts.
• Identified, contacted, and evaluated potential software vendors with the goal of keeping start-up costs minimal. Maintained strategic vendor partnerships and participated in contract negotiations.
• Completed comprehensive requirements document for new, web-enabled invoicing/purchase order management application; process included interviewing potential customers, and investigating legal and industry-specific requirements.
• Wrote and developed marketing materials and prototype HTML interface, resulting in interest among potential clients through quality presentations illustrating product.
• Identified potential integration partner and incorporated integration strategy into marketing material, which became major selling point with prospective clients.
• Strategically planned and coordinated with marketing on possible sales targets. Presented product to potential clients including live demonstrations of product capabilities.
BARTLETT SYSTEMS, San Diego
1995 - 2000
$1 billion international transportation/ logistics company in over 100 countries with 10,000 employees
1997 - 2000
EDI Manager/Lead Business Analyst
Managed ten business analysts, technical resources, and several ongoing EDI and non-EDI projects, including numerous multi-million dollar, high-profile accounts. Primary resource for technical, business, and procedural questions regarding mapping, U.S. Customs, transportation industry, and internal policies.
• Developed and implemented project management procedures for electronic commerce group. Assigned projects based on experience, nature of project, and potential development of new skills, resulting in quicker turnover while ensuring successful completion of projects.
• Increased productivity through department re-organization, improving staff effectiveness without increasing workload. Improved relationship between EDI group and other departments by establishing formal communications channels with other departments.
• Prioritized and published list of all projects and assigned resources based on client need, company priority, and resources required to complete project.
1995 - 1997
Wrote programmer specifications for systems modifications and data conversion programs for Unisys mainframe and Unix environment. Performed EDI mapping of all EDI standards as well as application-to-application, using Mentor (Sterling Gentran) on Unix and PC platforms.
• Followed up with programming staff before project deadline; notified clients of potential problems, resulting in better reputation and fewer complaints.
• Designed and implemented report writer procedures to fit the assessed reporting needs of internal and external clients. Report output varied hard copy reports to proprietary flat files.
TECHNOLOGY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Unix
• Software: MS Office, MS Access, Dreamweaver, Eudora, Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Netscape Composer, PowerPoint, MS Front Page, MS Project, Visio
• Basic Understanding: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, Java Script
• EDI Tools: Sterling Gentran, Harbinger TLE Client Tools, Specbuilder