Sales Manager B2B
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
SALES MANAGER / OUTSIDE SALES / MAJOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / B2B
Consumer Products • Industrial Products • Manufacturing • Services
· Excel at penetrating key accounts and increasing revenues through relationship building. Challenge-oriented; tackle tough sales problems and bring to successful conclusion. Welcome objections as opportunity to share product knowledge and expertise.
· Tenacious achiever. Use outstanding organization, communication and correspondence skills to build solid customer relationships. Generate top-quality results by demonstrating superior product knowledge and integrity. Resourceful when faced with obstacles and adaptable to sales situations. Strong track record in exceeding sales quotas. Persuasive negotiator.
· Establish rapport with individuals at all professional levels and from diverse cultures. Keep the customer’s needs foremost in mind and illustrate how his/her needs can be met. Strong “closer” with emphasis on strategic selling to major account markets, including established firms and small start-ups.
· Focus on helping customer achieve goals; identify and promote products that will fill unique application requirements; provide needs resolution. Adept at collaborating with engineers to design new products. Leadership qualities and a team player. Interface with inside sales support, professional service groups and consult with engineers for specific engineering projects.
· Develop solid business relationships through honesty, integrity and consistent follow through, which directly contributes to consistent growth of territory. Skilled at prospecting, customer service and new product marketing and demonstration.
· Competent public speaker. Presented at Strategic Planning Conferences and performed as Lead Trainer for Northeast Region on implementation of new company vision.
· Computer knowledge includes: MS Word, Excel; Word Perfect; PowerPoint; email communication and Internet research.
Areas of expertise include:
· Sales Cycle Analysis
· Multi-level Selling
· Customer Training and Support
· Sales Lead Generation
· Solution Selling
· New Product Development
· Customer Assessment
· Consultative Selling
· Research/Product Analysis
· Strategic Planning
· Account Retention
· Business Development
· Contract Negotiation
· Project Management
· Marketing Materials
· Strategic Sales and Market Planning
· Key Account Relationship Building
· Multi-million Dollar Contracts
Menasha Packaging Company, LLC – Neenah, Wisconsin
2000 – Present
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (2003 – Present)
· Grew northeastern U.S. territory 12% within first 5 months for company with annualized sales of $3.2 million in 2003. Exceed industry average in profit generation: 11% in sales profit vs. industry average of 2%–7%.
· Convey advanced graphic printing and prepress knowledge in flexo and offset applications as well as advanced structural design knowledge.
· Key player in development of customized packaging product. New product slashed damage-in-shipping rate from 38% (previous supplier) to fewer than 2%. Market potential for northeastern U.S. is $40 million.
SALES MANAGER (2001 – 2003)
· Created business plan to stabilize revenues and identify and implement cost cutting measures. Worked closely with plant manager to determine best strategy and customer mix. Maintained revenues ($7.9 million in 2000; $8.0 million in 2001; $8.2 million in 2002) despite declining market and antiquated manufacturing processes.
· Team leader in ultimate decision to consolidate customer base into newer facility with more efficient manufacturing processes.
· Successful in guiding sales team to close numerous key accounts. Managed team of 6 sales reps, 1 customer service manager and 3 customer service reps.
· Assigned as regional trainer for implementation of new company vision. Lead trainer for more than 400 employees in northeast region.
· Selected to participate in many corporate leadership strategic planning conferences.
FIELD SALES MANAGER (2000 – 2001)
· Worked closely with regional vice president, general manager, regional sales manager, plant manager and plant superintendent in devising sales strategies. Participated in many company-led leadership and management development courses.
· Honed personal management skills and trained 3 direct reports (producing 25% of total sales within facility) in selling skills.
· Developed, nurtured and maintained relationships with top 3 house accounts, which generated 5% of total sales.
· Initiated process of tracking and updating finished goods inventory to improve cash flow.
Matthews International Graphic Systems Division – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1992 – 2000
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (1996 – 2000)
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER / MASTER PRODUCTION SCHEDULER (1994 – 1996)
MASTER SCHEDULER (1993 – 1994)
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (1992 – 1993)
· Sold identification tools to corrugated and flexible packaging industry, including graphic design and art services, printing plates, cutting dies, barcodes and press side assistance in package printing operations.
· Consistently achieved 105% of monthly sales quota. Sales leader during FY1998 and 1999 for newly formed cutting die division, Maverick Cutting Dies, Inc., with sales exceeding $400K in both FYs.
· Introduced guidelines for maintaining quality in production. Slashed rework by 22%.
· Coordinated production schedule for annual product sales of $14 million. Generated daily on-time delivery and daily departmental production level reports. Increased daily on-time delivery by 18%.
· Performed order entry and sales support. Communicated daily with customers in territory consisting of Buffalo/Rochester, NY, Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio to resolve problems. Set up delivery dates in collaboration with Master Scheduler.
Transworld Systems, Inc. – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1990 – 1992
· Serviced client base and prospected for new customers. Performed product demonstrations of Frieden Alcatel mailing systems. Developed marketing and advertising programs.
B.S., Economics with Business emphasis, 1988, Allegheny College – Meadville, Pennsylvania