604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
NUTRITIONIST • RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ~ FOOD SCIENCES
Science graduate distinguished from peers through a history of ‘real world’ cross-industry experiences. Extensive IT background has honed strengths in finding solutions, applying a customer service focus to challenges, prioritizing demanding workflows, and meeting deadlines. Internship with a prominent flavor-development company heightened sensory skills and elevated proficiencies in acclimatizing to changing workplaces, priorities, and programs. A mature and tenacious worker with a meticulous approach to detail, “outside the square” thinking, and creative flair.
Comprehensively trained in:
Ÿ Product Development
Ÿ Food Research
Ÿ Meal Design & Management
Ÿ Nutrition Education Techniques
Ÿ Flavor Applications
Ÿ Food Composition
Ÿ Experimental Food Science
Ÿ Elements of Chemistry
Ÿ Nutrition in the Lifecycle
Ÿ Sensory Evaluation
Ÿ Food Composition & Scientific Preparation
Ÿ Organic Chemistry
EDUCATION | TRAINING
Bachelor of Science (Food & Nutrition)
Majors: Human Ecology, Food & Nutrition
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Montclair State University, USA (2003)
French Regional Cuisine
Le Cordon Bleu, Paris, France (2003)
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer,
Educom, Melbourne, Australia (1999)
Examples of academic projects, challenges, and team work that support career goals
Research Project: “How Diets correlate body image in teenagers”
Personal Contribution: Research and Class Presentation
Partnered with peers in a team of three to produce a research paper within stringent time constraints. Overcame conflicting schedules threatening the deadline by collaboratively setting strategic and realistic goals for work completion, and exploiting internet-messaging technologies for progressive communications. Successfully delivered project on time, to deadline.
Research Project: Human Ecology
Personal Contribution: PowerPoint presentations, research, class address
Key participant in team of three assigned to research and identify the major changes to human ecology over the past 50-years. Conflicting team dynamics and a diversity of personal views were united through diplomatic communications and re-clarification of primary issues. Personally produced all PowerPoint presentations supporting research findings, and contributed to the class address.
Education Project: Nutrition Education Techniques
Personal Contribution: Group training/education, self-evaluation, learning aids
Solo project presenting nutritional information to a “real life” group of adult learners. Adapted presentation techniques to encompass sensory learning by introducing fresh fruit to the classroom experience, launching Wordsearch interactive activities, and designing colorful posters that reinforced the benefits of effective daily nutrition. Surveyed responses demonstrated that despite the group’s outward skepticism, all members absorbed the information presented.
RELEVANT INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
HARMEN & REIMER, NJ, USA
Food Technologist Internship—Sweet Flavor Applications
Reported to: Senior Food Scientist • Clients included: M&M Mars, Nestlé, Glaxo Smith Kline, Pepsi
Summary: International flavor and fragrance company developing products spanning confectionary, coated cereals, flavored yoghurt, granola bars, ice cream, baked goods, and over-the-counter medications.
Outpaced student peers by securing a sought-after internship supporting three senior scientists in the sweet development laboratory. Utilizing a range of natural and synthetic flavor enhancers, produced sample ranges that met each client’s brief for exceeding customers’ taste preferences.
· Met the pressures of devising creative, fresh ideas for clients in this highly competitive industry. Researched existing markets and extended ideas that ensured new products were bold and unique.
· Prioritized own workflows, juggling a diversity of special projects daily for client-tasting or consumer panel evaluations.
· Transitioned from “fresh” recruit to a seasoned performer, working autonomously without scrutiny. Recognized during performance appraisals for attention to detail and distinctively creative approach.
· Contributed to pyramid testing of three product samples via computerized consumer testing.
POWER PLACEMENTS, London, UK
Rapidly acquired reputation as a competent, adaptable contractor, flexible to the needs of diverse workplaces and personalities. Offered superior administrative and computer services to prominent London-based legal, accounting and investment firms.
ADVANCED BARCODE SOLUTIONS, Melbourne Australia
Technical Support /Trainer (contract)
Short-term contract role offering expert telephone and on-site technical support and end-user training. Configured computer hardware and software and presented informal one-on-one and group training sessions to lessen each client’s dependence on first-level support mechanisms.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES, Melbourne Australia
Technical Support / NT Support
Mobile technical support specialist. Installed and troubleshot hardware and software issues onsite, and provided new user education and desktop support for networks, Windows platforms, and Lotus Notes.
AUSTRALIA POST, Melbourne Australia
High-pressure role assuring continuity of computer operations by resolving end-user hardware and software issues via remote dialup, telephone/onsite support, and advanced technical training.
Microsoft Office Professional, Internet, email, Windows NT
Gayle M. Howard -firstname.lastname@example.org - Top Margin - http://www.topmargin.com
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Consulting nutritionist, registered and licensed dietitian, and certified diabetes educator who has been in private practice for more than 20 years, specializing in medical nutrition therapy, program planning, and patient education.
• · Counselor on adult and adolescent weight management, reactive hypoglycemia, kidney and gastrointestinal disease, diabetes, substance abuse, eating disorders, and hyperlipidemias (cardiac care).
· Featured speaker at local, state, and national dietetic meetings, cardiac support groups, diabetes seminars and support groups, health organizations, women,s groups, and church groups.
- Speaker at the Diabetes Health Conference in Mexico
· Editor and publisher of XYZ Nutrition Magazine.
· Teacher of numerous classes and demonstrations.
· Forerunner in utilizing computers for nutrition assessment, meal planning, and recipe analysis (designed a state-of-the-art computerized system that enhances patient assessment and program development).
· Co-coordinator of the Nutrition and Fitness Exposition.
· Product research, evaluation, and testing experience has included concept and product development, prototype evaluation, comparative product evaluation, sensory evaluation, energy utilizing studies, standards development, packaging and label directions, quality control, and troubleshooting.
· Extensive experience in media and public relations has included brochure development, consumer affairs, writing articles for the print media, nutrition liaison, public speaking, special event planning, and serving as a spokesperson.
· Management experience has involved recruiting, screening, staffing, training, and retaining qualified employees.
Certified Diabetes Educator - American Association of Diabetes Educators
Licensed Dietitian - Texas
Registered Dietitian - Commission on Dietetic Registration, American Dietetic Association
Bachelor of Science, Nutrition and Dietetics
Enter any specific classes, seminars, awards, honors, campus involvement and relevant activities.
Presbyterian-University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Bachelor of Science, Nutrition and Dietetics
Continuing Education: A three-year, pre-planned professional training program that led to registered dietitian certification.
SFB Nutrition Associates, Houston, Texas
Nutritionist , 1981 - Present
Develop nutrition and behavior modification techniques for clients on an individual or group basis. This includes providing consultation services, performing analytical assessments, and developing results-oriented treatment, management, and maintenance plans. Plan, prepare, and present topics for public speaking engagements before clinical, corporate, and educational groups, such as Eating for the Health of It, an 8-week weight management program. Recruit, train, and coordinate administrative and professional staff. Provide consulting services to restaurants and food manufacturers.
Major clients include:
· Provide medical nutrition therapy, diabetes education, and self-management training to clinical research subjects and referrals. Act as a nutritional consultant to medical staff.
General Hospital - Outpatient Dialysis Unit
· Provide medical nutrition therapy to dialysis patients, provide inservices to center staff, and act as a consultant to the medical staff.
· Provide medical nutrition therapy, diabetes education, and self-management training to patients of the Diagnostic Clinic. Act as a nutrition consultant to medical staff.
ABC Health Management
· Prepared and presented topics for employee wellness sessions, promoting positive nutrition, fitness, and wellness under the auspices of a multidisciplinary corporate program.
Dietetics Department - The Hospital, Houston, Texas
Accountable for quality-assured administrative and clinical aspects of food service operations. Served as consultant to medical and nursing staff on routine, priority, and special nutrition plans. Conducted individual and group patient education and inservice training sessions.
Dietetics and Food Service
Presbyterian University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Clinical and Administrative Dietitian
American Dietetic Association
American Diabetes Association
American Association of Diabetes Educators
Texas Dietetic Association
PRWRA Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - email@example.com - http://www.theresumedoctor.com