Purchasing Manager International Marketing
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
· Highly accomplished Purchasing Manager with extensive experience in procurement, vendor relationship management, budget management, marketing, strategic planning, and inventory management.
· Proven success in procuring multi-media, print, and premium collateral.
· Instrumental in reducing costs by implementing cost control measures and securing competitive pricing.
· Increased exposure within highly competitive markets through sound marketing acumen.
· Dynamic leadership abilities concerning teams and motivational strategies.
· Adept in streamlining business processes and increasing productivity levels.
· Consistently stayed within budgets on multiple projects.
· Interacted with international freight forwarders and couriers concerning shipping logistics and tracking.
Trading Exporters, Inc. – New York, NY
Purchasing Manager – Worldwide Marketing Operations (1998-2004)
Directed all aspects of procurement including print, premium, and multi-media materials. Executed vendor relationship management functions successfully. Created and presented reports to upper management relating to goal attainment.
· Played an integral role in securing competitive pricing with vendors, which resulted in $480,000 in savings on $8 million in volume.
· Negotiated and implemented 2 three-year print pricing agreements for $6 million in volume, which realized savings in excess of $400,000.
· Handled budget management responsibilities for marketing teams including forecasting and preparation.
· Served as Team Lead concerning the implementation of new procedures, the augmentation of business processes, and the achievement of goals.
· Led all aspects of a team building event involving a day trip to the Fresh Air Fund for a Corporate Volunteer Outing.
Purchasing Manager – Marketing Communications Team (1990-1998)
Supported international marketing efforts by procuring print, multi-media, and premium materials. Communicated with vendors to secure competitive pricing.
· Played a key role in the coordination and implementation of several Marketing Services Share Fairs and Events for the International Pharmaceuticals Group.
· Interacted with marketing managers and advertising agencies on a regular basis.
· Supervised and trained employees in daily job responsibilities.
Coaching, Negotiation, Leadership, Public Speaking
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, QuickBooks