Vice President of Sales and Operations
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Dynamic, creative, and results-driven Finance Administrator successful in asset management. Solid business background with extensive knowledge of warehousing and distribution, risk management, financial reporting, automated accounting systems, fleet management, and DOT regulations. Able to merge technologies and personnel into team-centered business units.
• Expertise in transportation, distribution, and finance reinforced by education and over 15 years of strong organizational and management skills.
• Introduced new strategies, financial controls, and sales/marketing initiatives which strengthened administrative processes and improved revenues.
• In-depth knowledge of risk management including Workmen's Compensation, liability, property and health insurance claims/premiums.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with executives, management, and staff. Able to work independently or in a team environment as a leader motivating and influencing positive thinking and behavior of others.
• Promoted to Vice-President for Finance and Administration at Jaybird Corporation.
• Developed and added a driver safety program to company policy decreasing the number of driver related accidents.
• Successfully increased asset/purchasing profits and operating efficiency by 55% through astute management and cost-effective programs.
• Maximized the utilization of delivery trucks and driver schedules by 35% while reducing operating costs.
• Managed over $4.5 million in capital assets, generating over $6 million in combined revenues.
• Reduced long-standing problem accounts from 50 to 5 keeping them within credit terms.
Acme Seafood, Inc., Sutton, Virginia
1995 - Present
Vice President Sales and Operations
• Increased sales 2.5 M. Clients include 50 store grocery chain, ship chandlers, and major restaurants.
• Streamlined operations resulting in reduced operating costs and increased profits.
• Manage a staff of 30 including fish cutters, warehousemen, and delivery drivers.
• Responsible for all risk management and insurance coverage.
Ocean Fresh Wholesalers, Sutton, Virginia
1993 - 1994
Director, Finance and Administration
• Managed company office and accounting functions in the marketing of over $12 million in paper goods, tobacco and candy to 450+ accounts.
• Worked cooperatively with Operations Manager, coordinated deliveries, and managed retail store operation.
• Instructed, trained, scheduled, and motivated a staff of 10.
Jaybird Corporation, Chesapeake, Virginia
1986 - 1993
Vice President, Finance and Administration
Scope of responsibility included the company and a subsidiary corporation operating 50 power units as an ICC contract hauler in Virginia, North and South Carolina.
• Managed administrative operations and corporate finances improving profit level by 50%.
• Increased gross margins through cost changes and modifying purchasing procedures.
• Excellent insurance negotiator resulting in reduced insurance costs and removing equipment coverage during prolonged down times.
• Streamlined and improved timely reports, depreciation schedules, financial analysis, and administration of a multi-state payroll in excess of $110,000 monthly.
• Implemented a 401K profit sharing program.
• Introduced PCs and CYMA software to update accounting system and controls that were cost effective and improved efficiency.
• Supervised 8 operations sites and 60 hourly employees.
Jaybird Corporation, Charleston, North Carolina
1984 - 1986
• Managed daily operations and responsible for overall profitability of 15 heavy hauling trucks and 30 employees throughout the state. Upgraded fleet.
• Paid off 5-year $600,000 industrial revenue bond in less than 3 years.
• Expanded operations, hired, and trained personnel.
Tidewater Company, Hampton, Virginia
1982 - 1984
Supervisor, Retail Operations
• Operations Manager of 6 Easy Go convenience stores in the Tidewater, Virginia area.
• Responsible for marketing, profitability, inventory control, maintenance, and personnel staffing
• Directed and trained a staff of 55. Increased profit by 35%.
• Supervised the setting up and opening of two new stores.
Violet Polytechnic Institute, Violet, Virginia
PRWRA Anne Kramer - Alpha Bits - Virginia Beach, VA 23455 - email@example.com