Supervisor of Managed Care Information System
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Multidisciplined professional with 12 years experience in project management and the implementation of healthcare information systems, with 4 years of additional experience as a clinical instructor within a hospital environment. Currently managing all information system projects for a management services organization (MSO). Project management expertise has involved job costing and budgeting, analysis and planning, systems implementation and methodologies, technical training, and documentation review. Projects have included implementation of software applications, modules, and upgrades, as well as conversions. Interacted with all levels from executives and administration personnel to end-users, covering all ends of the spectrum. Served as liaison with vendors, sales and marketing representatives, product development programmers, and technical support staff. Earned a master's degree in health occupations education.
Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Professional Office 97, Microsoft Project 98, Outlook, WordPerfect for Windows, Lotus 1-2-3, Visio, Harvard Graphics, Netscape Navigator, and Internet Explorer. Exposure to IBM RISC 6000, HP9000, and Stratus hardware platforms. Some experience with AIX, HP-UX, VOS, and UNIX operating systems. Conceptually understands Oracle RDBMS.
SFB SYSTEMS, Houston, Texas
1997 - Present
Supervisor, Managed Care IS
Direct activities as a hands-on manager with project management responsibility for all IS projects. Supervise three direct reports, including two programmer analysts and one client analyst. Provide on-site support to other IS staff, including telecommunication analyst and network communications engineer. Process invoices, control expenses, order equipment, and perform review/management of all IS contracts. Work directly with the executive director in development of budgets.
• Represented IS on management team responsible for business plan development and start-up cost projection.
• Led the effort to convert nine databases in preparation for MSO start-up.
• Advanced need for and facilitated participation in new call tracking system.
• Developed IS support guidelines for corporate clients.
• Coordinated conversion of historical databases from a practice management system to CD-ROM tower.
• Completed Year 2000 compliance activities for information systems' applications.
• Spearheaded the implementation of an automated system that supports appointment reminder calls, test results retrieval, and delinquent account calls.
• Participated in the development and deployment of an electronic medical record system in an ambulatory environment.
• Originally hired as a project leader.
FJK HEALTHCARE INFORMATION, Houston, Texas
1986 - 1997
Senior Advisor / Project Manager - Systems Implementation
Coordinated information systems activities. Served as project manager for the training task force, radiology beta installation requirements, laboratory product marketing project team, and department policies and procedures handbook. Reported to Director of Systems Implementation. Interacted with professionals from all departments such as implementation, customer service, account management, sales, product development, and administration.
• Led the development of training materials and documentation for client installation and training programs.
• Created system implementation strategies using a standard installation methodology for all new client/server-based products.
• Selected to represent Operations to transition the UNIX-based system products from beta development into general production release, and sent to Oracle exposure training classes (project was completed within all time schedules).
• Originally hired as an installation analyst . Held subsequent positions as senior technical consultant in laboratory sales and as account manager in inside sales.
HELIX HOSPITALS, Indianapolis, Indiana
1982 - 1986
Clinical Educator / Assistant Supervisor
Provided clinical education in microbiology curriculum to medical technology students, and assisted in supervising all department activities.
Five Years as Medical Technologist - Microbiology Department
Community Hospital - Kansas City, Missouri
Medical Center - Kansas City, Missouri
Hospital and Healthcare Center - Indianapolis, Indiana
INDIANA UNIVERISTY, Indianapolis, Indiana
M.S., Health Occupations Education
PURDUE UNIVERSITY, West Lafayette, Indiana
Bachelor of Science, Microbiology
Specialist Microbiology, SM (ASCP)
Medical Technologist, MT (ASCP)
Introduction to UNIX
HP UNIX Concepts and Capabilities
HP-UX System Administration Series 800
Oracle v6.x SQL*Plus for Developers and Report Writer
Oracle v6.x Database Architecture & Administration