604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Diabetic Instructor / Educator
Highly self-motivated professional with demonstrated health experience coupled with the confidence and perseverance to exceed in all endeavors. Ten years of industry background providing education / understanding of related pharmaceuticals / equipment.
· Expert knowledge in field of diabetes with comprehensive teaching experience in self-management skills, and presenting new innovations through seminars / lectures.
· Outstanding organizational and time management abilities utilized to quickly resolve problems for optimum improvement and patient service.
· Exceptional presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, quick to develop positive rapport with healthcare / business professionals within any healthcare environment.
· Proven track record of consistent achievements in meeting goals and personal success, operating easily and effectively with minimum supervision and maximum responsibility.
Master of Science, 2004 Health Education / Gerontology
Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida
Bachelor of Science, 1999 Major: Medical Dietetics
Queens University, Kingston, ON
Certified Diabetes Educator, 2000
American Association of Diabetes Educators
ORLANDO COMMUNITY, Orlando, Florida
Responsible for providing education within field of diabetes, one-on-one to clients within outpatient clinic, to community at large through lectures / seminars and to professionals within the hospital. Increased patient satisfaction with implementation of check-in and follow-up procedures.
· Instrumental in increasing referral numbers to diabetes program through the launching of an innovative marketing plan.
· As industry expert, utilized extensive knowledge to ensure dissemination of up-to-date information to clients and professionals.
· Streamlined administrative tasks for efficiency, and organized educational materials.
· Increased department productivity and revenues by implementing group counseling sessions, and limiting individual counseling.
· Coordinated ADA accredited diabetes program, evaluating success of program, and presented results to Advisory Board.
COMMUNITY HOME SERVICE, Orlando, Florida
Dietician / Diabetes Educator
Provided diabetes education to homebound patients, ensuring their education on various nutritional / diet concerns and products available, as well as performing screening on criteria for agency.
· Developed professional in-service, facilitating spread of knowledge within the agency.
SELF-EMPLOYED, Orlando, Florida
Consulting Dietician / Diabetes Educator
(private practice with various clients including: Ace Care Home Health Care, Collins Home Health Care, Queens Retirement Communities, and Heritage Home Health) Established a successful entrepreneurial practice specializing in outpatient diet and diabetes education. Developed continuing education serials for staff and external health care professionals.
· Forged alliances with physicians and other health organizations building a solid referral base.
· Presented statistical analysis to stakeholders maintaining quality assurance.
KINGSTON GENERAL HOSPITAL, Kingston, ON
Clinical Manager (1991-1994)
Clinical Dietician (1990-1991)
Quickly promoted through increasingly responsible positions leading up to management of clinical nutrition department. Ensured the complete delivery of staff and patient in-service and community education including promotion at health fairs. Developed and implemented computerized screening protocols.
American Association of Diabetes Educator, 1996-Present
American Diabetes Association, 2000-Present
Canadian Diabetes Association, 2001-Present