Psycho Geriatric Assessment Nurse
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Demonstrated leadership of all staff in a demanding, 20-40 bed, secure, locked Alzheimer's unit. Selected for position as Psycho-Geriatric Assessment Nurse. Effective communicator, both written and oral. Recognized as having excellent interpersonal skills with staff, residents and family members. Skilled at diffusing concerns of challenging/difficult individuals. Work well under pressure during fast paced and stressful situations. Function well independently, and as a multidisciplinary team member. Computers: Windows 95,98,2000, Word, e-mail, Internet, fax.
Community Healthcare Agency, Houston, Texas
1999 - Present
Registered Nurse Team Leader
• Oversaw patient care as Psycho-geriatric assessment nurse for entire 122 bed, long term, multi-level facility.
• Provided leadership and guidance for up to 20 unionized staff.
• Served as liaison between family members, medical and specialty personnel.
• Enforced on-going policies and procedures with regard to maintaining continuity with supplemental staff.
• Saved facility money by personally drawing stat blood work, rather than calling outside lab.
• Improved communication from staff to resident families and staff to staff by creating bulletin displays and booklets.
• Designed a photo ID poster of staff for residents and family members to ease communication issues.
Goldman Nursing Home, Houston, Texas
1994 - 1999
• Supervised delivery of patient care, including management and supervision of licensed and non-licensed personnel in this 50 bed, geriatric center.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Intravenous Pump Training 2000 • "Gentle Care" Training Seminar 1999
• Morphine Pump Training 1999 • Wound Care Seminar 1999
• FCS (Challenging Behaviors) 1998 • Alzheimer's Society Seminar
• Gastrointestinal Tubes • CMI Training
• MRSA and VRE In-service • Basic Signed English Certification
• C.P.R. • Basic Phlebotomy 2000
Graduated 1994 Registered Nursing Program
Houston College, Houston, Texas
Classroom volunteer in local elementary school, various grades for 10 years.
Medical staff attendant for High School canoe trips.
Volunteer to take residents on numerous outings.
PRWRA Audrey Field - Résumé Resources - Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada - http://www.resumeresources.ca