President Recreation Facility
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Senior-level executive with 20 years of experience directing 12-month operations of a $4 million privately held recreational facility employing 25 permanent staff, more than 500 seasonal staff, and 225 volunteers. Over ten years of consulting to multiple state governments in the areas of safety, operations, risk management, marketing, staffing, and finance. After selling principal interest in 1998, the past five years have included business consulting and financial-planning assignments.
Past regional/state-level chair of key industry/community associations and past board member of local chamber of commerce, community college foundation, and technical/legislative advisory organizations. Education includes Master of Science from the University of Wisconsin. Received stockbroker, futures funds broker, and registered investment advisor licensure in 2000.
Management style is hands-on; key leadership strength is developing managers/employees to focus on bottom line value in terms of efficiency, profitability, and quality. Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills – ability to create and deliver executive-level presentations. Demonstrated skill achieving trust and building solid client/partner relationships. Broad level of business knowledge across multiple industries.
Core competencies include:
· Strategic & Tactical Planning
· Business Plan Analysis
· Profit & Loss Management
· Cross-Functional Team Leadership
· Turnaround & Business Restructure
· Process Analysis & Improvements
· Internal Controls & Risk Management
· Proposal & Statement of Work Development
· Executive Presentation Development & Delivery
· Sales, Marketing, & New Business Development
· Financial Analysis & Cash Flow Projections
· Loan Assessment & Structuring Options
KEY CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Directed Business Turnaround
· Stabilized business and achieved profitability during a 10-year period of reduced revenues industry wide due to adverse environmental and economic conditions.
· Reduced 15-year cumulative debt burden by 50% over four years and significantly improved cash flows.
· Designed and implemented friendly buyout of four principals to enhance organization’s long-term strategic and tactical planning/decision-making ability.
· Ensured organization’s credit worthiness through business-structure and financial-control improvements.
Achieved Strategic and Tactical Business Improvements
· Implemented $5 million in capital/infrastructure upgrades. Introduced state-of-the art technologies to mechanical equipment that significantly improved operations and reduced fixed/variable expenses by 50%.
· Upgraded physical plant and customer facilities to increase area capacity by 20%; improved revenues by 20% and increased customer satisfaction as measured by 300% increase in season pass sales over four-year period.
· Defined functional business areas, established clear reporting structures and strong two-way communication channels.
Recognized as a Judicially Qualified Industry Expert and Consultant
· Developed professional standing through extensive experience in litigation and lobbying for/against various pieces of legislation.
· Established multi-state industry consultancy; assisted clientele in risk management, patrol and safety procedures, technology, staffing, and financial matters.
MORGAN STANLEY – Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
2000 to Present
Full-service broker and specialist in retirement planning and wrap-fee contracts. Achieved Series 7, 31, 66, and Life/Accident/Health Insurance licensure.
· During 18-month period, developed over 120 clients in 10 states. Employed consultative methods and emphasized a holistic approach to financial planning.
INTERNATIONAL PROFIT ASSOCIATES, INCORPORATED – Buffalo Grove, Illinois
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
Consulted with small- to medium-sized business clientele in various industries for the purpose of improving financial, operational, organizational, and sales/marketing best practices. Interviewed principals/key personnel. Assessed and analyzed strengths/weaknesses relative to controls, human resources, physical plant, and internal processes. Prepared and presented scopes of work to secure $10k to $50k consulting contracts.
· Assisted more than 80 businesses in the United States and Canada. Recognized as falling within the top 10% out of 180 Business Analysts in terms of contract size and closure ratio (50%).
CASCADE MOUNTAIN, INCORPORATED – Portage, Wisconsin
1999 to 2000
Assisted senior management with risk mitigation, construction supervision, key staff recruitment, employee communication, and policy. Served as a legislative liaison.
WILMOT MOUNTAIN, INCORPORATED – Wilmot, Wisconsin
1977 to 1998
PRESIDENT AND CEO (1981 to 1998)
Promoted to assume accountability for overall business operation with $4 million in annual revenues, 25 year-round employees (500+ during season) with 7 direct reports. Functioned as chief financial officer, chief risk manager, legal affairs manager, and capital procurement manager. Recruited/hired/trained key personnel and developed employment policies. Additionally managed season-specific operations of snowmaking, equipment rental, retail store, cafeteria, specialty food service, and full restaurant facility. Sold interest in 1998.
VICE PRESIDENT (1977 to 1981)
Managed night recreation operations. Additional 12-month responsibilities included budgeting, finance, legal affairs, and supervision of capital improvement projects.
M.S. and Post Graduate Studies – University of Wisconsin – Madison, Wisconsin
1977 to 1982
B.A. – Lawrence University – Appleton, Wisconsin, Magna cum Laude
Midwest Ski Area Association (Past Chair, Vice Chair, and Executive Committee Member); Wisconsin Ski Industries Association (Co-Founder, Past President); Ski Chicagoland Association (Co-Founder, Past President); ANSI B-77 National Standards Committee for Uphill Lift Devices (Member); Wisconsin State Lift Code Review Committee (Past Chair); Wisconsin Department of Industry, Labor, and Human Relations (Consultant); National Ski Area Association (Skier Safety Committee); Midwest Insurance Advisory Council (Member); Kenosha Area Chamber of Commerce (Past Board Member); UW Parkside Foundation (Past President); Wilmot Union High School (Past Board Member, Academic Affairs Chair); Wilmot Business Association (Past President)
Michele J. Haffner - email@example.com - http://www.careerproresumes.com