604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Attorney with 20-years legal experience, with an emphasis in civil and criminal litigation. Use of analytical, investigative, organizational, negotiation, and courtroom litigation skills.
Management skills used to plan and oversee projects from concept to conclusion.
Performance in relationship development and management, team building and professional leadership skills.
• Research and Documentation • Case Management
• Workflow Management • Interview and Investigative Activities
• Client Representation • Business Leadership
• Resourceful Problem Solving • Strategic and Tactical Planning
• Staff Mentoring and Training
Law Group, Anchorage, AK
1996 - Present
President / Owner
• Manage legal office providing legal advice in estate planning, real estate, landlord/tenant, personal injury, worker compensation, civil and criminal defense, and administrative matters.
• Recruite, train, supervise, and evaluate support staff of two.
• Contribute to company performance with continuity in office procedures and setting clear communication lines between 6000+ clients and company.
• Use communication skills to fulfill liaison nature of position, developing cordial working relationships with attorneys, clients, witnesses, and staff.
• Provide follow-up through all stages, from initial investigations through trail planning, pleadings, motions, memoranda, discovery, legal research and courtroom representation for court proceedings.
• Skills include litigation, case management, negotiation, drafting and interpretation of various contracts. Often manage several cases concurrently.
• Develop knowledge in the field by keeping current on all cases. Refine and strengthen legal skills through continuing education programs.
Law Counsel, Anchorage, AK
1992 - 1996
• Managed all administrative duties for law firm of six attorneys and eight staff members.
• Restructured operating, financial and legal infrastructure. Negotiated/renegotiated strategic partnerships, forged profitable new alliances, expanded market channels, and standardized contracts and business documentation.
• Oversaw broad portfolio of clients across diverse industries. Earned reputation as a consistent top performer, profitability, and new client development.
• Defended a Real Estate Developer/Building contractor in a high profile multi-million dollar case.
• Argued and tried cases in Magistrates Court, District Court, Alaska Court of Appeals, Alaska Supreme Court and the Supreme Court of the United States. Attended over 1500 pretrial conferences.
Legal Counsel, Anchorage, AK
1988 - 1992
• Represented city prosecuting criminal cases and handled all civil litigation for the city.
• Attended all city council meetings and prosecuted misdemeanor criminal cases.
• Areas of concentration were: real estate, business law, family law, criminal defense, and personal injury plaintiffs, with an emphasis in civil and criminal litigation.
Law Office, Anchorage, AK
1983 - 1988
• General practice developed legal theories, interviewed prospective clients, negotiated with opposing counsel, prepared briefs and argumentative memoranda.
Radio media spokesperson for local one-hour weekly talk radio show, 1987-Present
- Developed and researched legal issues reflecting community interests.
- Booked interviews with guests that included: Alaska Supreme Court Justices, Judges, Prosecutors, Procurers, and varied local attorneys.
Produce weekly TV informational talk show, 2001 - Present
- Establish contacts with producers and editors and book interviews.
- Speak on topics regarding a wide range of legal issues.
Teach monthly two-hour course, Court Referral Services
- Discuss legal ramifications, and answer questions concerning legal topics to 60-100 students.
Keynote presenter/speaker for several lectures regarding Estate Planning.
Participant in Leadership Alaska Program
Served as Judge Advocate
Licensed - Supreme Court of the United States of America
Member of Fourth Judicial District
Alaska State Bar
Association of Trial Lawyers of America
America Bar Association
Member of Alaska Chamber of Commerce
South Texas College of Law (Texas A&M, Houston, TX
University of Florida, College of Journalism and Communications, Gainesville, FL
London Program - Florida State University
PRWRA Denette Jones - Accurate Typing Services - http://www.accuratetypingservices.com - email@example.com