604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Newly Graduated Professional Focusing on Mental Health & Long Term Care
Empathic, effective, and motivated professional who combines clinical experience with compassion to meet the challenges facing today’s healthcare organizations. Clear awareness of diverse backgrounds, alert to widely varied patient needs and circumstances. Collaborative team player, acting as key resource to colleagues and allied health professionals. Licensed psychologist and registered nurse. Specializations include:
Assessment Techniques (MMPI, RIAP)
Statistical Packages (SPSS, SAS)
Behavioral Medicine / Health Psychology
Cognitive Behavioral Interventions
Clinical Outcomes Measurement
Commitment / Competency Procedures
Thorough experience within emergency / urgent care psychiatric services.
DOCTOR OF PSYCHOLOGY, Clinical Psychology, 2004
MASTER OF SCIENCE, Clinical Psychology, 2000
State University, Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Orlando, Florida
Bachelor of Science • Master of Science, Psychology / Statistics (Magna cum Laude)
University of South Carolina
· Chemistry, Nursing (University of Central Texas, Dallas, Texas)
· Graduated 1st in class – Nursing (Dallas City General, Victoria Hospital School of Nursing, Dallas, Texas)
Pediatrics: City Memorial Hospital for Children, Washington, DC
Psychiatric: Grand Central Hospital, New York, NY
DISTINCTIVE PROJECTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
· Dropped smoking rates from 52% to 23% by pioneering innovative Tobacco cessation program for veteran populations cumulating in the winning of Best Practice Award.
· Spearheaded writing and submission of no less than 16 research grants, resulting in hundreds of thousands of dollars in monies to a variety of Medical Centers.
· Involved in private practice dealing with pain management and health psychology, servicing Department of Industry and DealCare patients for both brief and long-term modality.
· Serving as Chair of Medical Center’s Institutional Review Board (IRB), achieved full federal and state regulatory compliance for health establishment and full NCQA accreditation.
· Utilized superior leadership abilities to motivate, teach, and supervise psychological trainees; externs, interns, and residents within American Psychological Association pre-doctoral program.
PROFESSIONAL AFFLIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
Canadian Psychological Association • Ontario Psychological Association • American Psychological Association • Florida Psychological Association • American Pain Society • Texas Nurses Association
VETERANS HEALTH CARE SYSTEM Orlando, Florida
(A two-division teaching hospital, affiliated with State University, servicing over 46,000 veterans along the entire Florida Coast.)
POSTDOCTORAL RESIDENCY (2004)
Participated as part of a multidisciplinary team in an APA accredited postdoctoral clinical psychology program in health psychology / behavioral medicine within full service outpatient and acute medical inpatient service. Ailments spanned range of acute and chronic psychological/psychiatric conditions frequently including concurrent acute, chronic and/or life threatening medical problems. Provided case management, psychotherapy, and assessment.
· Specialized in crisis intervention, couples therapy, co-lead ongoing smoking cessation groups, women’s issues groups, transplant assessment, depression & stress/anxiety management groups, pain management, diabetes, cardiac rehabilitation, and stroke support group.
· Presented Outstanding Psychology Resident Award based on performance.
PREDOCTORAL INTERNSHIP (2002-2003)
Served as chief resident within APA accredited predoctoral clinical psychology internship program. Specialty included emergency and crisis intervention, with subspecialty in Primary Care. Carrying a caseload of 40-50 patients providing case management, psychotherapy, and assessment, as well as up to 10 full neuropsychological batteries per year.
ADDITIONAL CLINICAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Family Children's Home, Dallas, Texas (July 2001)
Practicum involving residential basic care facility for children, ages 6-17. The majority, victims of physical, emotional, and/or sexual abuse, presented with concerns, such as attachment and separation issues, oppositional behavior, conduct disorders, relational problems, substance abuse, ADHD, learning disabilities, adjustment disorders, coping deficits, poor socialization and interpersonal skills, poor academic and achievement skills.
EARLY HEALTH CARE EXPERIENCE
1987 – 1994
Telemetry, Medical/Surgical, ER, ICU, & C.C.U, acute care, with minor experience in chronic or long-term care. Primary work has been with adults, some experience with all age groups.
TEACHING / SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE
· Adjunct Professor of Psychology, University of South Carolina, September 1999 to February 2000.
· Department of Veterans Affaires, Orlando, Florida. Minority Summer Psychology Apprenticeship Program, 1998
· Adjunct Professor of Psychology, State University, Orlando, Florida
INDUSTRY RELATED PRESENTATIONS
Invited guest speaker at following associations speaking on a variety of professional topics:
• Texas Board of Nursing • Florida Psychological Association • University of Dallas •
• University of South Carolina • Veterans Affairs Medical Center • Hallmet Conference
Nicole Miller - email@example.com - http://www.milroyconsultants.com