Administrative Professional Military
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
~ With Organizational and Interpersonal Expertise ~
Highly skilled individual with strong leadership and motivational skills that consistently produce positive change. Resourceful and analytical nature results in improved operational efficiency. Adept at making decisions and multi-tasking during fast-paced and stressful situations. Excellent interpersonal skills; interact favourably with others from all cultures and backgrounds. Skilled at maintaining positive relationships while working to resolve problems. Sincere and honest with a high level of personal and professional integrity. Some French speaking capability. Genuine team player. Fast learner, eager to take on new challenges. Strengths include:
• Accounting & Financial Reporting • Production Scheduling
• Workload Prioritization • Contract Administration
• Confidentiality Assurance • Sound Decision Making
• Concurrent Project Management • Business Writing, Letters & Memos
• Budget Co-ordination • Training & Team Leadership
Windows, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, Outlook, Internet, Proprietary Engineering / Tasking / Financial Management programs.
DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL DEFENCE
1974 - 2001
1999 - 2001
OPERATIONS / FINANCE
Selected to provide administrative, financial and technical expertise for 1,000 deployed personnel from various trades in both overseas and local operations. Trusted with, and accountable for the security and proper filing of top-secret documentation regarding Bosnia and Kosovo operations.
• Directed Base Cost Centre with 200K annual budget. Detail orientation, combined with solid scrutinizing capabilities reconciled a significant number of incorrectly assigned expenditures for Bosnia operations. Rectified discrepancies, resulting in a properly managed / balanced budget.
• Spearheaded the creation of new filing system and status board for the Battalion Commander and Operations Officer. This provided a clearer vision of the battalion's personnel and equipment availability for upcoming operations.
• Interfaced clearly with others. Cited for, "oral and written communications skills that exceeded the standard when co-ordinating personnel tasks with higher and sub-unit headquarters."
1995 - 1999
STANDING OFFER AGREEMENT / WORKS CONTROL SUPERVISOR
Served as a senior administrative professional in this Canadian Military Engineers office. Oversaw the work performance of three others.
• Trusted to develop and supervise newly formed Standing Offer Agreement (SOA) Cell which enabled the seamless co-ordination of contractual agreements totaling $1.65M for materials purchase to support growing base infrastructure. Identified the need and sourced a consultant to computerize accounts payable and tendering renewals.
• Defined, then drafted Procedural Guidelines to standardize procurement and accounts payable processes. Followed through with extensive and supportive staff training.
Goose Bay, Labrador
1991 - 1995
ACCOUNTS SUPERVISOR / WORKS CONTROL SUPERVISOR
Sole administrative co-ordinator in this demanding dual role requiring responsibilities in two departments of the Construction and Engineering section. Prepared monthly financial forecasts and managed departmental budget affiliated with special projects and base infrastructure repairs and maintenance. Concurrently supervised 7 professionals in Accounting and 4 in the Works
• Skill-set recognized by superiors. Selected as Keynote speaker for an audience of 600 Military and Civilian personnel. Presentation Topic: "Cost Cutting to Prevent Base Closure"
• Team leader for the Construction Engineering Redesign Team.
• Assigned chief administrator's role for a $1M Base Hospital renovation project including finances, timekeeping, all project documentation and materials acquisition.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED CERTIFICATIONS
Academy of Learning College, Edmonton, Alberta
• Canadian Forces Tasking Program
• Internal Auditors
• Financial Process Auditing
• Senior Leadership & HR Management
• Harassment, Cultural Awareness & Diversity
• Stress Management
• Personnel Management
• St. Johns Ambulance First Aid / CPR
• (Construction Engineers Management System) Function Manager
• Practices & Principals of Civilian Management
• Financial Management Accounting System: User Level, Accounts Payable, Budgets and Revenue
United Way Canvasser, Parent Council President / Elementary School Volunteer, Secretary - Vimy Fundraising Society and Chair - Social Functions Committee.