Technical Support Recent Graduate
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
• Background in analysis, development and delivery of high-performance technology solutions. Adapt easily to new technology.
• Exceptional relationship building skills communicating with all levels - from customer to technical staff to senior management.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English; have developed an adaptability and empathy conducive to working in the 21st century.
• Diagnosis & Troubleshooting • Installation
• Configuration • Maintenance & Repair
• Building & Testing • User Support
• User/IT Staff Training Backups
• Languages: Java, Visual Basic 6.0, C++, SQL, HTML, COBOL, RPGIV
• Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Pro, OS/400, DOS, Linux, Mac OS 9/10
• Software Applications: MS Office 2000 (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), MS Front Page 2000
• Databases: Oracle 8
• Other: TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, FTP Server, Web Server, PCAnywhere10.5., Image
UNIVERSITY, Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor of Science, Business Computer & Information Systems
GPA: 3.6, Core Included: Systems Analysis & Design, Network Design, Database Design, Object Oriented Design, Network Security, Firewall Design, Logistics, General Management, Strategic Management, Marketing, Business Law, and Accounting.
Leadership & Team Activities
• Business Computer & Information Systems Club: Career-related speakers/programs, as well as community service projects.
• E-Business Club: Collaborate with teams to build and evaluate various web application projects.
• Organizacion de Estudiantes Latinos, Vice President and Founding Member (9/02). Club has grown from 3 to 20, and fosters a positive social environment and campus-wide representation for Spanish-speaking students.
TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Minneapolis, MN
A.A.S., Computer Programming
RELEVANT SUCCESSES & CONTRIBUTIONS
2000 - Present
Systems Administrator Survey Lab
• Administered and supported two Windows 2000 Servers and 15 Windows 2000 Pro stations for Survey Lab. Proactively developed and implemented Norton Anti-Virus and Ghost Servers to full functionality prior to Lab's migration to servers - gaining expertise as a proficient troubleshooter at the servers' inception. Commended for professionalism on a 24/7 on-call basis.
• Supported hardware and software for Open Labs' 500+ computers running Windows 95/98/2000 and Macintosh. Assumed increased responsibility from hire as PC Support (75% IBM, 25% Macs) to expanded role of primary technician reporting to IT management. Took team lead role within 6 months as technical support team grew from 2 to 5. Consulted with students and faculty to resolve any hardware/software/network issues. Achieved a documented 95% resolution rate for all user problems.
• Supported Computer Store's hardware/software problems on Windows and Macintosh systems. Provided customer training and assistance on site and via phone. Initiated and implemented the setup of cabling, enabling the use of terminal stations strategically placed throughout the facility. Commended by store manager for being the "best worker I've ever had."
EMPLOYMENT WHILE FINANCING COLLEGE
Survey Lab - UNIVERSITY
2000 - Present
Computer Store - UNIVERSITY
1999 - 2000
Customer Tech Support
Book Store - TECHNICAL COLLEGE
1997 - 1999
Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Minnesota
Boys & Girls Club of Minnesota
Tri-County Humane Society
PRWRA Barb Poole - Hire Imaging - email@example.com