604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
VENDING SALES / FRANCHISE DEVELOPER
PROFILE OF TRANSFERABLE SKILLS
· Strong training and transferable skills for various professional opportunities in regional sales of nutrition, foods, and related areas that will utilize training and related business training and volunteer experiences. Seeking an aggressive compensation package in the sales of institutional foods.
· Understand techniques, technology and the most current literature/research within the foods and nutrition field; background and its application of the research process.
· Professional skills include high level of responsibility in the area of marketing, public relations, sales, account management, finance and related functions with Master Merchandising based in New Orleans, Louisiana; position required extensive travel and the learning/application of multiple aspects of the business, its merchandising functions and other work on behalf professionally licensed sports products; additional experience in this area includes event and people management.
· Able to conceive and develop new methods that expedite troubleshooting processes and reduces costs.
· Demonstrated ability to accept diverse responsibility as well as a strong commitment to community through volunteer experiences; understand the need to communicate and promote communications with those associated with businesses and the community.
· Able to troubleshoot problems that slow or hamper efficiency of team members.
· Continuous working experiences and ability to communicate with all levels of decision-makers including the worker in the field to the functional department head to the upper management level.
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
MASTER MERCHANDISING, New Orleans, LA
2000 – Present
Institutional Food Representative
Performed multi-task marketing and merchandising duties; facilitate key clients and events include: New Orleans Saints Institutional Foods and the New Orleans Hornets.
BRINNA CATERING, New Orleans, LA
1996 – 2000
Food Service Representative
Key member of the food service preparation team; worked events including: weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, corporate events, private functions, and fundraisers for various city events.
EDUCATION & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
UNIVERSITY OF NEW ORLEANS, New Orleans, LA
Bachelor of Science in Foods & Nutrition, August 2004
· Meals on Wheels
· Cinderella USF Service Project
· Camp Eberhart (Summer 2000)
· Meridian Wellness Clinic (July 2003 – August 2003)
· Nutritional lesson plans for USF diabetes specialist
SPECIFIC TRAINING OBTAINED THROUGH COURSEWORK – Meredith College
· Training in Anthropometrics Sales
· Presentation about Purchasing in the Food Service Industry
· Role of Creatine Supplementation for the Athlete
· Project Work in Sales to Professional Sports Teams and Institutions
· Presentation on the Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN) Pathway
· Food Demonstration – Presentation on Group Discussion Methods
John M. O'Connor - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.CareerProResumes.com