Business Development Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Proven and experienced Business Development Manager with record of significantly improving sales, and improving and developing strong customer relationships. Demonstrated record of progressive responsibilities and promotions. Strong sales background, identifying and designing marketing strategies for targeted customer markets. Outstanding record of successful cold calls, negotiation strategies and sales closing techniques.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Master of Education in Educational Administration
Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education
Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
Bachelor of Arts
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
Capital Development, Sterling, VA
2002 - Present
Business Development Manager
• Develop educational benefits program nationally for professional, military and trade associations.
• Collaborate to achieve commitments from 36 associations with 1 million members in 2002.
• Secured and negotiated agreements from 2 societies with a total of 736,000 members in 1st quarter of 2003.
globalReach Education Program of Capital, Sterling, VA
1997 - 2002
• Coordinated educational benefits program for US companies with 5000+ employees in ten states on both East and West coasts.
• Realized 186% increase in scholarship program applications through proactive communications and promotions in Spring 2000.
• Increased educational loan disbursements by 8% in 2000 to $4.4 Million.
• Promoted to current position within two years.
• Developed and established effective relationships with community, corporate sponsors and educators.
Rose Vale School, Vienna, VA
1996 - 1997
Middle School Teacher
• Instructed middle school students in English, literature and social studies.
• Developed curriculum and produced creative lesson plans and learning events.
• Mentored and encouraged students.
• Coached middle school soccer team.
• Sponsored after school chess club activity.
Johnson Children's Home, Charlotte, NC
1993 - 1996
Community Programs Director
• Designed and implemented programs for after school and summer day camp.
• Significantly increased enrollment in after school program by 122% while summer day camp doubled over 3-year period.
• Monitored purchases and budget for both programs.
• Hired, trained and supervised counselor staff.
Educational Services International, Alhambra, CA
1991 - 1992
• Instructed English as a Second Language to secondary school students in the first bilingual technological program in Hungary.
• Served as administrative liaison between the school, central administration and the US offices.
The Pinnacle School, Winston-Salem, NC
1989 - 1991
• Assisted first grade teacher with academics and class preparation.
• Instructed and supervised study area and outdoor activities in after school programs.
• Coached junior high school boys' soccer team to 14-2-2 record.
Outstanding Performance Award, 2000
Account Executive of the Year, 1998
PRWRA Cory Edwards - Partnering For Success, LLC - Sterling, Virginia 20165 - Resumes4results.com - Resumewriter@aol.com - 703-444-7835 - 703-444-2005 fax