Corporate Lawyer Litigator
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Corporate Attorney acknowledged for superior performances in delivering win-win outcomes in business and civil litigation matters. History of successfully negotiating countless settlements based upon sound and resourceful pretrial strategies, and winning dismissals in State and Federal Courts. Generating up to $1 million in fees for partners in last 3 years, have demonstrated particular expertise in employing client retention strategies that build loyalty and enhance attorney-client relationships. Career highlights:
• 31 cases brought to verdict in State Court.
• Arbitrated 100 cases in the Court of Common Pleas throughout several Tennessee counties.
• Appeared before Tennessee District, Supreme, Superior and State Courts.
• 10+ years accumulated management expertise monitoring expenditures, billing and legal/administrative teams to optimize operational efficiencies.
LITIGATION TRIAL PRACTICE SPECIALTIES
Corporate/Individual Client Prosecution/Defense
• Commercial, Business & Partnership Disputes • Breach of Contract
• Employee Contracts-Restrictive Covenants • Defamation & Libel
• RICO • Toxic Torts
• Product Liability • Insurance Bad Faith
Insurance Defense Civil Litigation
• Personal Injury • Property Damage
• Construction Law • Breach of Contract
• Professional Malpractice • Product Liability
• Vehicular Negligence • General Liability
• Insurance Negligence Law • Insurance Bad Faith
• Admiralty • Railroad Litigation
Lincoln, Beale and Frank, Nashville, TN
1997 - Present
Attorney, Business & Civil Litigation
Medium-sized law firm specializing in business planning, litigation, estate planning/administration, family-law, personal injury/malpractice and real estate. Team comprises 30 attorneys, paralegals and assistants.
Personally contributed over $1 million in billable hours, litigating cases in State and Federal Courts to accomplish win-win outcomes. Initiate and defend cases handling initial pleadings, discovery, motions, trial preparation, trial and negotiations. Numerous victories for clients include a successful minority dispute action yielding a six-figure settlement that avoided protracted legal proceedings; hundreds of litigation claims settled; and a summary judgment motion, brief and exhibits that led to the swift exoneration of a client.
Simultaneously monitor expenditures, oversee paralegals and administrative staff, and consult with colleagues as a primary source of information for complex business and civil litigation matters.
• Reversed decision client's former employers unwilling to compensate for untenable work environment. Disavowing client's work and financial contributions, employer dismissed claims outright. Personally prepared Complaint citing causes for action for breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation and RICO, that produced an immediate $100,000 offer of compensation.
• Successfully defended attorney and law firm from a "Wrongful Use of Civil Proceedings" action in State Court. Conducted paper discovery, secured subpoenas from original trial, police investigations and insurance company. Researched, compiled and presented successful summary judgment motion and brief, resulting in dismissal of case by the trial court.
• Settled disputed stock value case for a high six-figure sum through a strategized series of tactics in relationship-building and communication. Overcame two sets of Preliminary Objections and a Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings to the Complaint; obtained tens of thousands of documents for discovery, and successfully maintained legal pressure for monetary damages citing usurpation of corporate opportunities, corporate affairs mismanagement, fiduciary duties breaches, fraud, self-dealing, waste and conversion of corporate assets, profiteering at the shareholders' expense, conspiracy and accounting, until settlement similar to original demand was secured.
Baker, Baker and Manning, Nashville, TN
1986 - 1997
Attorney, Civil Litigation (1987-1997); Law Clerk (1986-1987)
Joined insurance defense civil litigation trial practice. Cases included personal injury, property damage, construction law, breach of contract, professional malpractice, product liability, vehicular negligence, general liability, insurance negligence law, insurance bad faith, admiralty, railroad litigation and management of large asbestos litigation.
• Settled hundreds of industrial misconduct actions subsequent to protracted litigation. Marshaled formidable forces to prepare for trial resulting in an acceptable figure for consideration. Negotiated with plaintiff's attorneys and after two years of discovery and trials, settlements were successfully limited from zero to less than 10% of the sum the company had paid for each case.
• Appeared before the Supreme Court with an emergency petition for a law student to take state bar exam, having been denied by board of examiners. Chief Justice granted petition without hesitation based on content of emergency petition despite no procedure or reported case law involving situation presented to the Court.
Maxwell, Doyle and Reed, Knoxville, TN
Elected to project manage complete technology migration for 8-year old DOS-based computer environment considered unlikely to meet post Y2K requirements. Embarked upon extensive research and negotiations with hardware and software providers, and secured state-of-the-art systems. Successfully delivered project on time, and $50,000 under predicted outsourcing costs.
Supreme Court of the United States of America.
Supreme Court of Tennessee.
United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee.
Tennessee State Courts and Courts of Lesser Jurisdiction; includes Superior Court and Commonwealth Court United States. District Courts on a Pro Hac Vice basis.
American Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
Allegheny County Bar Association
Seminar and professional group lecturer frequently invited to address participants and stimulate debate on the status of law surrounding discovery and ethical issues relating to computer use in the practice of law.
University of California, School of Law, CA
Secretary of Student Bar Association; Honors in Legal Writing
University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
B.A., Government, Minor: Transportation
PRWRA Gayle Howard - Top Margin - firstname.lastname@example.org