Manager Client Training
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT … TRAINING
Results-oriented professional with twenty years of experience within the financial securities industry, specifically in client training, relationship management, and communication.
Promoted throughout career for achieving bottom-line results through strong leadership, teamwork, and exceptional customer-service standards. Able to anticipate and address client needs through listening, analysis, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
Recognized for excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Able to relate effectively with a diverse population and individuals at all levels within and outside of the organization.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
· Strategic & Tactical Business Planning
· Customer Relationship Management
· Training Curriculum Design & Development
· Project Management
· Client Conversion & Acquisition Planning
· Quality Data Tracking & Analysis
· Credit Loan & Risk Analysis
· Customer Satisfaction Initiatives
· Employee Development Initiatives
· Process Documentation & Technical Writing
· Presentation Development & Delivery
· Call Center Operations
BNY CLEARING SERVICES LLC – Milwaukee, WI
1984 to 2003
Wholly owned subsidiary of The Bank of New York providing investment products and services to correspondent firms and their clients. Formerly Everen Securities and Kemper Clearing Corporation.
MANAGER, ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AND CLIENT TRAINING (1991 to 2003)
Directed two departments with combined staffs of 13 on-site and seven off-site professional Account Managers, Trainers, and Technical Writers. Position was considered a corporate officer and reported to the Director of Account Management and Client Training.
· Assisted with the development and implementation of the firm’s service strategy, defined new processes to achieve objectives, and led cross-functional project teams to facilitate continuous improvement and industry benchmarks.
· Monitored issue resolution and analyzed data to detect trends deserving escalation. Worked with senior management and Operating Committee to resolve escalated issues.
· Worked with Regional Sales, Conversion Management, and IT to develop client training content and determine the best delivery methods based on clients’ business practices.
· Defined and implemented internal programs to maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise among training staff to increase efficiency.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT & SELECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS
· Performed gap analysis and business assessment; coordinated resources, and developed project plans (using MS Project) to convert and promote business growth/productivity with newly acquired client firms. Successfully converted and trained over 300 client firms and three affiliates representing $125 million in annual revenue to the corporation. Instituted a systematic approach to client training and continually improved project methodology.
· Facilitated three acquisitions involving the simultaneous conversion of 80 firms. Staffed, trained, and lead ad-hoc training teams (one to three people each) comprised of internal employees plus trainers. Devised and headed “Command Center” operation to resolve issues and expedite the conversion process.
· Assisted Pershing Clearing firm in developing their acquisition plan of BNY Clearing. Expedited client de-conversion/transition through the development of Frequently Asked Questions. Trained Pershing’s staff on the BETA system.
· Led regular topical conference calls with client firms to communicate critical information and establish strong customer relationships.
BUSINESS ANALYST, CONVERSION MANAGEMENT (1989 to 1991)
Reported directly to the CEO with accountability for completing special projects that increased sales – corporate and client – and enhanced employees’ securities industry knowledge.
· Assisted sales team in promoting new client business; helped generate $50 million in revenues for the corporation.
· Authored and facilitated Streetwise, a brokerage industry training program for internal staff and Beta Systems employees. Authored comprehensive reference manuals for client firms.
· Enhanced multiple brokerage compliance risk reports (BETA Brokerage System) and created the logic for the Branch Manager Risk Report currently used for customer account monitoring by thousands of subscribers.
MARGIN ANALYST (1984 to 1989)
Monitored margin loans and performed risk analysis. Acted as a liaison between branch offices, regional sales, and operations personnel. Approved and initiated funds and securities disbursements for client accounts. Calculated margin, option, and short-sale requirements to protect the corporation from market risk and ensure client accounts were in compliance with regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Training and Development Certificate, University of Wisconsin—Milwaukee
NASD Certification #35 (Preventing and Detecting Money Laundering)
Leadership Certification (Achieved 20 Individual Certificates), BNY University
1997 to 1999
· One of only three corporate leadership team members to receive this award
· Course work included Project Management, Contract Negotiation, Business Law, Organizational Behavior, and Business Writing (16 to 24 hours each)
Business Administration Certificate, Alverno College, Milwaukee
Paralegal/Business Law Certificate, Milwaukee Area Technical College
BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
· BETA Brokerage Back-Office System
· ILX and BETALink Systems
· Microsoft Word
· Microsoft Excel
· Microsoft Project
· Microsoft PowerPoint
· HEAT Call Tracking System
· BNY Clearing Compass (Proprietary, web-based)