604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
• Comprehensive senior management experience in small to large service, manufacturing and distribution operations, specializing in business expansion and new product development, with full P&L responsibility, in a variety of U.S.-based and international industries.
• Advise CEO/President and Directors on emerging industry trends; proven ability to lead organizations through turnaround, critical startup and growth strategies; effectively spearhead acquisitions and joint ventures; private placement/IPO experience; corporate Board member.
• Skilled in strategic planning, market positioning, sales and account management, product rollout, process reengineering; contract negotiation, licensing agreements, client/supplier relations and government affairs and recruit and manage high-performance teams.
• Well-versed in intercultural business communication; consistently develop solid business contacts and relationships; in-depth knowledge of multiple-site MIS and electronic
Total Pharm Co., Inc, Long Island, NY
1997 - Present
Hired to turnaround this international manufacturer and distributor of pharmaceutical products, employing 122, with direct P&L responsibility for $10 million in annual revenues.
• Increased sales by 40%, to overcome a five-year deficit.
• Eliminated 30% of overhead costs in the manufacturing functions and improved productivity by 50%.
• Re-positioned the Rx and OTC product lines to target three new high-growth market segments.
• Developed and introduced seven new ANDA's (FDA approved Rx products).
• Established licensing and distribution agreements with distributorships in the Ukraine, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Nigeria; other countries in process.
Nuthouse Consultants, New Canaan, CT
1982 - 1997
Partner and co-founder of this consulting firm, specializing in turnaround and interim management projects
Chef, Inc, Dallas, TX
1996 - 1997
Vice President and General Manager
Directed startup operations to expand into the hospitality and institutional feeding markets.
• Generated sales revenues of $10 million in the first year.
• Produced a business plan for a joint venture between Cendant and a hotel franchise chain.
Veri Corporation, St. Petersburg, FL
1996 - 1996
Executive Vice President/C.E.O.
Developed and implemented a five-year strategic plan, with a focus on export trade, for this startup $1.5 million manufacturer of infection control products for institutional, industrial and retail clients.
• Hired, trained and directed a 114-person sales and telemarketing group within two months of hire.
Kushi Macrobiotics Corporation, Stamford, CT
1994 - 1995
Founded this natural/health foods marketer and manufacturing company in partnership with the internationally acclaimed Michio Kushi.
• Raised $2 million from a Private Placement Memorandum and $7 million from an IPO Prospectus; lead due diligence presentations to the financial community.
• Created and rolled-out a 33-item premium product line in nine months.
Culinar Sales Corporation, Blandon, PA
1991 - 1994
Hired to turnaround operations and improve profits of this U.S. specialty and fancy food manufacturing subsidiary of Culinar, Inc. of Canada; positioned the company for divestiture in 1993.
• Increased sales by 92% by end-1993 and reduced sales costs by over 50%.
• Improved ACV distribution from 15% to over 70% in less than two years.
Rim Industries, Inc, Mt. Vernon, NY
1985 - 1991
Savoy Industries, Inc, New York, NY
1982 - 1984
Executive Vice President/C.O.O.
International Telephone & Telegraph Corporation, New York, NY
1974 - 1982
Group Vice President, Marketing & Development, Food Group
In charge of strategic and daily operations of more than 20 U.S. and European food/pharmaceutical companies with $2 billion in sales, including Continental Baking, Ashe Pharmaceuticals, Wonder Salted Snacks and Gwaltney Meats, with direct P&L responsibility for a $250 million marketing budget.
• Generated a 25% gain in media sales for same-dollar buys.
• Spearheaded a business development team which completed three acquisitions.
• Adjunct Professor of Marketing, University of Connecticut Graduate School of Business, 1980-1982.
• Promoted from Group General Manager, Cosmetics & Pharmaceuticals, 9/74-9/75.
Revlon, Inc., New York, NY
1970 - 1974
Director of Marketing
Responsible for the marketing and sales of Moon Drops, Natural Wonder, Ultima and Ehterca product lines.
• Achieved $400 million in annual sales.
• Launched six new products with combined revenues of over $75 million.
Almay Cosmetics Company, New York, NY
1966 - 1970
Director of Marketing & Sales
Managed ophthalmic and dermatological ethical and proprietary product lines.
• Pioneered today's Almay; repackaged the line from prescription products to fashion cosmetics.
• Increased sales tenfold, from $1 million to $12 million within one year.
• Promoted from Marketing Research Manager.
Long Island University
M.B.A., Business Administration
Ohio State University
Bachelor of Science, Chemistry and Marketing Research
PRWRA Steven Provenzano - A Advanced Resume Service, Inc. - TopSecretResumes.com - Advresumes@aol.com - 1-800-866-0887