Police Officer Canine Handler
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Extensive law enforcement background with expertise in leadership, administration, human resource development, strategic planning, emergency management, and management reporting.
• Leadership Skills: Preparing and developing programs of action to accomplish objectives; demonstrating a positive attitude, strong work ethic, loyalty and dedication; considering the impact of decisions on the department, its members and community; obtaining cooperation; utilizing logic and sound judgment in decision-making; diplomatic, setting an example of integrity.
• Administrative Skills: Ensuring accountability of subordinates related to conduct and productivity; quick to recognize problems and execute solutions; systematically securing relevant information and identifying key issues; paying attention to detail; structuring tasks, plans and objectives to establish priorities and set goals.
• Human Resource Skills: Interacting effectively with individuals as all levels; fostering a spirit of cooperation and respect; leading by example; making recommendations based on research and familiarity with various elements; soliciting ideas/opinions of others and utilizing input on key issues; encouraging and providing training.
• Communication Skills: Expressing ideas (written and orally) in an articulate, clear, concise, and effective manner; addressing large groups.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Ferndale City Police Department, Ferndale, Virginia
1993 - Present
Veteran Officer/Canine Handler
• Conducted criminal investigations.
• Ensured evidence was properly collected, documented and handled.
• Provided training to other officers.
• Specialized as department canine handler.
Ferndale County Police Department, Ferndale, Virginia
1982 - 1993
Tidewater Police Department, Tidewater, VA
1981 - 1982
Armed Security Officer/Shift Sergeant
• Supervised shift officers.
• Established and maintained daily logs of activities.
United States Marine Corps
1976 - 1981
• Received Honorable Discharge.
• Served as base accident investigator and classified documents courier.
• Provided safe transportation of personnel and property.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy
• City of Richmond Police Canine Academy
• United States Marine Police Academy
• Traffic Management and Accident Investigation
PRWRA Corey Edwards - Partnering For Success - Sterling, Virginia 20165 - http://www.Resumes4Results.com