Community Service Volunteer
702 Sabrina Way, Baltimore, MD 21207 / Tel# (301) 555-1638 Email: email@example.com
Position as Community Service Volunteer utilizing organization, problem-solving, training, and customer service skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Client Services and Problem Solving
· Maintained open lines of communication to identify and resolve problems quickly.
· Analyzed problems, formulated options, and presented solutions offering win-win outcomes.
· Monitored customer satisfaction to solve problems, effectively reducing complaints by 36%.
· Developed trust, personal rapport, and strong working relations with volunteers and staff.
· Scheduled and coordinated the efforts of hundreds of volunteer workers to achieve project goals.
· Utilized technology solutions to streamline management tasks and reporting functions.
· Conducted post-event analyses to identify strategies to improve processes for future events.
· Analyzed financial data and managed budget for fundraising campaigns.
Staff Training and Supervision
· Trained, monitored, and supervised volunteer and staff performance to improve services.
· Designed and conducted pre-event training sessions, resulting in 61% fewer emergencies.
· Maintained database of volunteer participation and skills to assist future planning.
· Recruited, trained, and managed a team of 75 volunteers for the annual American Cancer Society Fundraising drive.
Community Service Volunteer, Helping Hands, Inc., Baltimore, MD
2002 - Present
Program Assistant, Community Networks, Inc., Baltimore, MD
6/00 - 12/00
Campaign Organizer, State Representative Smithson, College Park, MD
6/00 - 11/00
Marketing Assistant, Buffet Enterprises, College Park, MD
6/99 - 9/99
Bachelor of Arts (Communications), 1999
Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland
Fundraising Certificate, Baltimore, Maryland, 2000
American Cancer Society
American Red Cross
Future Leaders of America
VOLUNTEER AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
Walk for a Cure Fundraiser, Volunteer Organizer
Harbor Clean-up Day, Volunteer
Register to Vote Canvassing Crew, Group Leader