604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Executive assistant with a proven record of success working for the same executive at three separate companies during the past 16 years. Gained subsequent administrative experience during major mergers and acquisitions. Background includes planning and coordinating both business and personal travel, meetings, itineraries, and special projects; serving as a liaison between the executive and his staff; writing and typing correspondence; organizing and processing expense reports; and creating and implementing processes to organize the office, increase efficiency, and save expenses.
BBN INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC, Haverhill, Texas
1997 - Present
Provided executive support to former managing director from Aneon Services in his current role as BBN's president/chief operating officer, responsible for managing 22 subsidiaries across the United States and the United Kingdom for this $2.75 billion international specialty insurance group. Served as liaison between the president and subsidiaries. Interacted with the chairman of the board of directors, executive vice president, presidents of the subsidiaries, legal counsel, director of human resources, vice president of administration, president of the parent company (BF Corporation), and other executive assistants. Coordinated and handled various business and personal projects for the president.
• Participated on the Investor Conference Committee, since its inception in 1999, with personal responsibility for meeting annually with the company's chairman of the board and hotel staff to plan and organize this promotional event with 65 to 70 participants.
• Organized and orchestrated two-day biannual Senior Management Committee meetings with participants from all subsidiaries.
• Developed and maintained an Executive Committee book that tracks first, second, third, and fourth quarter reports, as well as the executive summary files with monthly reports from all subsidiaries.
• Created trip folders that provided the president with tickets, information, and detailed itineraries for business meetings.
• Developed a follow-up folder that assists in tracking responses to the president's inquiries and insures that all projects are handled and questions answered within a reasonable time frame.
• Supported the two-year construction of a custom-built vacation home in New Mexico, serving as liaison with the interior designer, architect, mortgage company, banks, and various subcontractors (this is the fourth homebuilding project).
• Established this position from ground zero, including the filing system.
ANEON SERVICES OF TEXAS, INC, Haverhill, Texas
1994 - 1997
Hired into the second largest brokerage firm in the world after Aneon Services purchased Energy Global, Inc. (EG) in 1994. Continued to provide support to the former EG president who became managing director of their natural resources division and Haverhill office. Interacted with the chief executive officer in Chicago, as well as presidents and managing directors in New York, Tulsa, and Dallas.
• Participated in coordinating and handling the growth of this company from approximately 90 to 300 employees.
• Planned and organized overseas trips for members of the Executive Planning Committee.
ENERGY GLOBAL, INC., Haverhill, Texas
1985 - 1994
Provided support to assist the president in managing a growth process (with a staff that grew from 20 to 90 employees), as well as a transformation from a specialized offshore drilling contractor service to a diversified natural resources brokerage firm, and tripling revenues.
• Gained extensive experience preparing proposals for presentation to major accounts to secure new business.
• Selected a travel agency to be used exclusively, negotiated corporate rates for hotels in London (saving 43%) and in Houston (saving as much as 34%), negotiated a flat airport transfer fee to and from office to airport, and selected a car service (adopted as well at Aneon and BBN and is still being used today in current position).
• Organized and planned golf tournaments for more than 11 years with up to 60 participants using such facilities as Penbroke, Pine Crest, and Whispering Oaks.
OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY, Stillwater, Oklahoma
Bachelor of Science in Marketing - 1985
Associate Secretarial Degree - 1982
PRWRA Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.theresumedoctor.com