Information Specialist Librarian
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
TECHNICAL LIBRARIAN/INFORMATION SPECIALIST
A highly dedicated and experienced professional seeking to utilize expertise, education, and skills to contribute to the continued success of Argonne National Laboratories—West.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Over eight years of Public Library experience with one of the top libraries in the State of Idaho.
· Research scientific and technical information requests utilizing reference tools and computer services.
· Perform all aspects of coordinating interlibrary loans.
· Collection development including science materials, CD’s, books, maps, and microfiche.
· Excellent working knowledge of OCLC and other online library information systems.
· Resourceful, energetic, competent, multi-task and results-oriented.
· Proven ability to analyze, determine necessary corrections, and make recommendations to provide efficient solutions for library practices.
· Effective management, technical, and supervisory skills.
· Excellent public relations—work well with patrons, management, co-workers, and outside library personnel.
· Competent using software including: Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Email, and Internet—OCLC, FirstSearch, and Historical document searches.
· Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
· Work well as a team member or independently.
· Demonstrated ability to meet the needs of patrons, dependable, hard working, reliable, and punctual.
· Teach classes on library skills and database searching to school groups and library patrons through public schools and community education programs.
IDAHO FALLS PUBLIC LIBRARY, Idaho Falls, Idaho
LIBRARIAN TECHNICAL ASSISTANT—REFERENCE
· Assisted patrons with research, computers, and word processing.
· Provided materials for patrons—helped with online searches using the Internet and other databases.
· Processed nationwide interlibrary loans using OCLC.
· Aid in collection development and purchase of special collections as well as current adult reading materials and library software.
· Solely responsible for all materials sent to the bindery and books to Swan Valley (Branch Library).
· Kept statistics for interlibrary loans; supervised Library Pages; secured the Library at night.
College of Idaho, Caldwell, Idaho. Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology
Boise State University, Idaho Falls, Idaho. Major: Geology
George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia. Awarded Scholarship for a “Women in Science” Masters Level Physics Program. Completed one year.
Eastern Idaho Technical College, Idaho Falls, Idaho. Grant Writing, Beginning and Intermediate Word, Beginning Excel, Creating Web Pages, and Windows File & Disk Management. 2000–2001.
Workshops: Gates Foundation Training—Internet Searches, PowerPoint, Teleconferences including Soaring to Excellence Series, FirstSearch and Lili Database Searching.
Have written and been awarded several grants for books, programs, and materials for traveling displays.
Expanded the interlibrary loan number by 100% within the past three years.
Expert in searching OCLC and other databases.
Conducted mercury contamination research and report writing for the National Science Foundation and geoscience research analyzing rocks and minerals utilizing X-ray diffraction equipment.