604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Maritime Captain-Manager with over 25 years’ experience in offering high level of hands-on services, including planning, leadership, and problem-solving for clientele with stringent demands. Affable personality with ability to communicate with passengers and crew members; fluent in English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Italian and Swahili. Proactive problem solver with strong commitment to excellence.
Summary of Expertise
· Over 25 years’ experience in maritime industry
· Certified MCA Class IV British Yacht Captain, 3000T
· Discreet, trustworthy, and reliable
· Flawless safety record
· Certified Belgium Captain (1997)
· Certified Panamanian Captain
· F.A.A. Commercial Helicopter Pilot (1991)
· A.R.P.A and G.M.D.S.S.
· Certified medic in CPR, Defibrillator and Oxygen
· Expertise in navigation and astronomy
· PADI assistant instructor
· Proficient in the use of new maritime technologies
· Skilled tourism planner and coordinator
· Manage technical problems
· Outstanding communication skills
· Fluent in several languages
· Strong familiarity of USCG, ISM and MCA regulations
· Experienced in yacht repair and refurbishment
YACHT/PASSENGER VESSEL CAPTAIN
M/Y CHANTAL MA VIE
MEGA YACHT, 164 FT
M/Y LADY DIANE
MEGA YACHT, 105 FT
MEGA YACHT, 153 FT
M/Y CARIBBEAN EXPLORER
MEGA YACHT, 115 FT
M/Y TOBY’S TOO
MEGA YACHT, 125 FT
(1996 - 2001)
MR. EDWIN WEGMAN, OWNER
M/Y PRETTY WOMAN
KONG & HALVERSON, 85 FT
(1992 - 1995)
MR. EDWIN WEGMAN, OWNER
· Effective conduct of tasks as Captain, such as safe navigation, assisting guests with specific requirements, and preparing formal documents for authorities.
· Vast charter experience with intimate knowledge of the Caribbean and Mediterranean Seas.
· Manage major refurbishment projects, including renovation of electrical, plumbing, safety and communications equipment, as well as engines, generators, and tenders.
· Safeguard smooth operations of yachts resulting in complete owner/passenger satisfaction.
· Upholding rigorous safety measures for both passengers’ and crews’ well-being.
· Assist in vessel selection for purchase and in evaluating pre-purchase condition.
· Monitor engines and electronic devices ensuring maximum reliability.
· Supervise costs and materials, ensuring owner’s specifications are completely met.
· Plan and lead passenger excursions, ensuring complete discretion and high professionalism.
Independent contractor entrusted with supervision of delivery from various other vessel types, including motor powered and sailing ships, in Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and Indian Ocean regions.
OWNER/OPERATOR, MULTI SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
Coordinated European branch efforts overseeing multi million dollar sales, delivery and installation of computers from Taiwan to Europe and Africa.
SUPERVISOR, FORMOSA BOAT BUILDING, TAICHUNG, TAIWAN
Maintained complete management of some boats in shipyard, including negotiating and closing contracts; forecasting schedules and expenses; supervising construction and/or maintenance work; personnel selection, scheduling and evaluation; implementing cost control measures; and selecting and training vessel crews.
· Vessel Construction and Stability
· Data Technology
· Safety at Sea (IMS standards)
· Astronomy and Navigation
· Communications at Sea
· Piracy at Sea
Business and Marketing Management
UNIVERSITY OF BRUSSELS, BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
Proficient use of equipment such as satellites communications radio (GMDSS), Radar (ARPA), and general electronic devises used on mega yachts.
Fluent in English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Italian and Swahili.
Work Eligibility Status: Legal Resident of the United States
Patricia Traina-Duckers - The Resume Writer - email@example.com