604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
LICENSED IN NEW JERSEY AND CALIFORNIA
DOCTOR OF PHARMACY – University of New Jersey, 1989
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, MICROBIOLOGY – University of New Jersey, 1985
Highly committed clinical pharmacist with broad experience in managed care / pharmacy benefit management. Strong ability to safely and efficiently dispense drugs. Sound understanding of the principles underlying pharmaceutical care, with an ability to recognize therapeutic incompatibilities. Adept interpersonal and communication skills, with expertise interacting with consumers, medical staff and administrators. Proactive leadership in the development, implementation, and analysis of disease management programs.
· Disease Management Program Development
· Drug Information Support
· Patient Counseling
· Inpatient and Outpatient Dispensing
· Patient-Physician Education Materials
· Exceptional Verbal, Written & Planning Skills
Stay-At-Home Parent/Volunteer Child & Mothers League International
Associate Director, Clinical Services – AGI Managed Care, Inc.
Therapeutics & Outcomes Manager – ABC Pharmaceutical Services
Clinical Pharmacy Manager – ABC Pharmaceutical Services
HMO Pharmacy Consultant – New Jersey Pharmacists Association
Hospital Pharmacy Resident – New Jersey Community Hospital
Pharmacy Intern – University of New Jersey Medical Center
Dispensing Pharmaceutical Experience
NEW JERSEY PHARMACISTS ASSOCIATION (NPA) — Clifton, New Jersey
HMO Pharmacy Consultant
Based on-site at Health Line of New Jersey, a 100,000 member HMO in Flint, NJ. Primary care physicians assumed some financial risk for the amount of money budgeted for health care services per patient enrolled in the health plan.
· Restructured physician prescribing profiles; advised physicians of their outpatient pharmacy costs, recommending alternative efficacious therapies aimed at reducing financial risk.
· Created a survey for data collection to assist improvement of the physician-detailing process.
NEW JERSEY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL — Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Hospital Pharmacy Resident
· Promoted a concurrent, hospital-wide adverse drug reaction reporting program.
· Conducted personal consultations and training on glucometer use to patients with diabetes.
· Provided clinical and distributive services in both the inpatient and outpatient pharmacies.
· Solo pharmacist weekend duty; verified prescriptions and checked medications.
UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY MEDICAL CENTER — Bloomfield, New Jersey
· Performed services related to the preparation and dispensing of drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies in accordance with physician prescriptions.
Managed Care Experience
AGI MANAGED CARE, INC. — Edison, New Jersey
Large independently-managed subsidiary of AGI & Co. Inc. AGI supports client’s outpatient pharmacy coverage via a nationwide network of more than 55,000 retail pharmacies and 13 mail-order pharmacies.
Associate Director, Clinical Services
Based on-site at the Hills Management Program (HMP), AGI’s largest client. Provided clinical pharmacy coordination of HMP’s mail-order pharmacy benefit.
· Provided clinical pharmacy expertise while accompanying AGI lobbyists to Montclair.
· Ensured timely responses to requests for internal drug information; therapeutic appropriateness, clinical, and financial reviews of individual drugs or current pharmacotherapy for specific diseases.
· Mediated external customer service follow-ups requiring clinical input; verbal and written to both individual members and program administrators.
ABC PHARMACEUTICAL SERVICES — Bedminster, New Jersey
Formerly a subsidiary of Logan Health Group, now consolidated with Kings Express.
Therapeutics and Outcomes Manager
Spearheaded “BreatheRight,” a disease management program of interventions to promote appropriate, cost-effective therapy and improve outcomes.
· Collaborated with colleagues (clinical, systems, and statisticians) and physicians to develop utilization data “triggers” to identify patients and physicians for inclusion in the BreatheRight program.
· Pioneered the development of patient education materials and physician correspondence, in collaboration with marketing and legal departments.
· Published joint author of two asthma management articles, “Evaluating & Identifying the Effects of Asthma,” Annals of Asthma & Immunology; and “How to Use Claims Databases to Document Cost Centers,” Archives of Asthma Medicine.
· Planned and coordinated BreatheRight Advisory Panel conference, obtaining endorsement for the program; panel consisted of local and national asthma experts to help in the identification of at–risk asthma patients.
Clinical Pharmacy Manager
· Planned and co-led Pharmacy & Therapeutic Committee meetings, providing accurate, rapid responses to requests for drug information; collaborated in formulary development and evaluated therapeutic benefits and cost-effectiveness of new drugs.
· Assessed data on client HMO’s outpatient prescription drug use during bi-annual on-site visits, presenting recommendations to promote a quality, cost-effective drug management program to plan administrators.
Co-authored “Evaluating & Identifying the Effects of Asthma,” Annals of Asthma & Immunology, 1995
Co-authored “How to Use Claims Databases to Document Cost Centers,” Archives of Asthma Medicine, 1995
ABC’s BreatheRight Program: Outcomes Measurement & Tracking, 1996
BreatheRight: The Diversified Process, 1995
Conducted numerous presentations in diverse venues between 1989-1993
Jennifer Rushton - email@example.com - http://www.keraijen.com.au