Executive Chef Operations Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
· Highly accomplished Executive Chef with experience in food service management, culinary design, food costing, hospitality management, food and beverage management, food production, quality control, event management, recipe development, menu design, and employee supervision.
· Directing daily operations within multimillion-dollar food service establishments.
· Diverse culinary experience including Italian, American, Continental, Mediterranean, and Vegetarian, cuisine within nationally and internationally renowned restaurants.
· Ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and Department of Health regulations concerning food preparation, food service, fire regulations, and equipment maintenance.
· Successfully maximizing revenue potential, reducing operating expenses, improving quality control, and exceeding profit objectives within numerous restaurants.
· Proven success estimating food, liquor, wine, and beverage consumption for events and restaurants.
· Comprehensive background in business management, resource allocation, supply procurement, budget management, sales, marketing, and strategic planning.
· Instrumental in increasing customer retention levels, expanding customer base, and improving front of the house and back of the house operational efficiency levels within highly competitive markets.
Selected to prepare culinary dishes for world-renowned chefs, Jacques Pépin and Julia Child.
Catered Subway International gala for national and international executives, which encompassed menu planning, menu design, food costing, food preparation, and event management for over 600 guests.
Acknowledged for culinary excellence and selected to participate in Chefs of America event in Miami, FL.
Volunteered at annual benefits to feed the hungry including Taste of the Nation, Stuff-A-Bus, and Wondering Monks Soup Kitchen.
Demonstrated culinary expertise and food preparation on national television for a diverse audience.
EXECUTIVE CHEF – Amalfi Grille, New Haven, CT
Handled all aspects of food service management including food costing, pricing, inventory management, and vendor relationship management. Supervised and trained restaurant staff including sous chefs and food handlers. Inspected equipment and supplies to ensure conformance with Federal/State regulations.
· Directed all aspects of back of the house operations within a multimillion-dollar restaurant.
· Played an integral role in managing food costing activities including establishing ingredient costs, estimating purchasing amounts, and determining serving sizes.
· Prepared and cooked decorative Italian food displays as well as ethnic fusions for high profile restaurant patrons including politicians, celebrities, musicians, and Fortune 500 executives.
· Managed recipe development, menu planning, and menu design functions for special events, which encompassed determining nutritional value, palatability, and cost for each serving.
· Ensured compliance to Department of Health standards concerning raw and cooked food products as well as kitchen sanitation.
OPERATIONS MANAGER – Espresso Café, New Haven, CT
Managed daily operations within the organization. Supervised employees in daily job activities. Handled budget management functions successfully. Prepared and served food selections.
· Played an instrumental role in ensuring compliance to Federal, State, and Department of Health food service regulations.
· Introduced cost control initiatives, which significantly reduced operating expenses.
· Increased customer satisfaction levels through exceptional relationship management skills.
SOUS CHEF – Gennaro’s Ristorante D’Amalfi, New Haven, CT
Participated in daily kitchen operations including food preparation and food service. Handled purchasing functions relating to food and beverages. Interacted with customers concerning food selections.
· Trained and mentored kitchen staff in daily job activities.
Associate of Culinary Arts (1996)
JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY – North Miami, Florida
Zucharia Restaurant – Salerno, Italy (1996-1997)
Hotel International – Rome, Italy (1995-1996)
Grimaldi Ristorante – Sicily, Italy (1994-1995)
Kristen Coria - ResumesAP@aol.com - http://www.careerparadigms.com