Director Of Operations Rehabilitation
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Manager with over 12 years experience with background including operations, finance and accounting, budgeting and forecasting, profit and loss, administration, recruiting and staff development, quality assurance, marketing, sales, and public relations. Increased efficiency, reduced costs, and increased profits through utilization of strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills, while streamlining and determining optimum use of facilities and personnel. Successfully owned and operated a business that was regarded very highly for its integrity and value to the community. Currently pursing an MBA. Computer skills include Microsoft Windows 98 and Office 97 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), Quattro Pro, WordPerfect, and QuickBooks. Efficient user of the Internet.
MJ Care Inc, Houston, Texas
1998 - Present
Regional Director of Operations
Managed all operations of a rehabilitation company and maintained total profit and loss responsibility for 10 contract facilities throughout Texas. Directly supervised 10 managers. Interacted with long-term care facility administrators, business owners, and directors of nursing. Served as administrator of the rehabilitation agency with responsibility for overseeing and enforcing compliance with state regulations. Reported to the Vice President of Skilled Nursing.
• Restructured and downsized all operations due to changes in Medicare reimbursement to the perspective payment system.
• Conducted presentations in a public relations role to educate staff and contracts regarding reimbursement changes.
• Identified strengths and assigned new job responsibilities to achieve highest staffing resource level.
Therapy Alliance, Inc, Houston, Texas
1995 - 1998
President / Owner
Established a home health staffing company from ground zero and managed all operations. Interacted with physicians, nurses, facility administrators, and patients.
• Wrote the business plan, developed the mission statement, created the budget, and negotiated and secured financing for this start-up business.
• Created a policies and procedures manual, and a paper flow structure.
• Incorporated the business, established the employee benefits package, recruited and hired over 50 administrative and clerical staff, and enforced all compliance.
• Researched, purchased, and implemented a database program to track client information.
• Developed all flyers and brochures to promote the business
• Implemented an accounting program that saved time, and improved efficiency and accuracy of information.
• Achieved an excellent reputation through follow-up and feed-back from agencies and patients (created a form to actively solicit responses regarding customer service).
• Grew the business to almost $1 million within second year.
Rehability Health Services, Houston, Texas
1991 - 1995
Area Offsite Services Manager
Coordinated and directed the offsite operations of five separately run clinics in Houston with a combined $5 million budget. Served as administrator of the outpatient home health agency. Reported to the Regional Director of Operations.
• Originally hired as the Director of Occupational Therapy, promoted after four months to Director of Clinical Services, after one year to Center Administrator, and after two years to Area Offsite Services Manager.
• Reduced accounts receivable from 120 to 36 days within 12 months.
• Tripled the growth of average monthly revenues after three months and exceeded projections.
• Expanded the territory to include a fifth clinic, as well as organized and planned the move and ergonomic structure of a relocated clinic.
• Created an incentive program that established goals and increased caseloads.
• Led Houston area offsite team through a complicated and stressful restructuring plan.
• Improved morale by increasing the effectiveness of the chain of command, and providing support and leadership.
Healthtech Rehabilitation, Houston, Texas
1989 - 1991
Managed activities of a rehabilitation company. Interacted primarily with nursing home administrators. Served as an evaluating therapist with responsibility for supervising 10 therapists.
Willowbrook Hospital, Waxahachie, Texas
1987 - 1989
Director of Expressive Therapy
Created the therapy department from start-up for this psychiatric facility. Established policies and procedures, recruited and hired personnel, established staff development training program, implemented quality assurance procedures, purchased all capital equipment, and established controls to monitor service delivery.
Beaumont Neurological Hospital, Beaumont, Texas
1985 - 1987
Staff Occupational Therapist/Psychiatry
United States Army
1978 - 1985
Behavioral Science Specialist
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS MEDICAL BRANCH, Galveston, Texas
Bachelor of Science, Occupational Therapy
Continuing Education: Our Lady of the Lake University Weekend MBA Program
Currently enrolled with expected graduation in 2003.
American Occupational Therapy Association
Texas Healthcare Association
Tutor - English as a Second Language - Pearland Adult Learning Center