Marketing And Distribution Professional
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
MARKETING & DISTRIBUTION PROFESSIONAL
Highly focused individual talented in aligning industry/customer needs with market opportunities. Known for excellent interpersonal and communication skills; interact favorably with C-level contacts, interdepartmental teams, and external clients. Skilled at managing multiple projects with competing deadlines. Resourceful in perceiving and resolving problems. Establishes plans, goals, and processes to assure that strategies are competitive, effective and protective of long-term success.
· Advertising & Promotional Campaigns
· New Product & Service Launches
· Contracts & Negotiations
· Customer Relationship Management
· Executive Presentations
· Client Satisfaction Initiatives
· New Business Development
· Partnerships & Strategic Alliances
· Corporate Communications
· Cross-Functional Team Leadership
· Confidentiality Assurance
· Presentations & Training
QUALIFICATIONS IN ACTION
Sun Life Financial: Kitchener (1991 – Present)
2002 - Present
Asked by Director to represent the wholesale distribution channel. Collaborate with project teams to drive overall sales objectives. Develop and maintain relationships with both internal support areas and external clients. Secured and nurture strong strategic partner relationships with five major bank accounts. Relied upon to serve a national and international corporate consumer base, synthesizing marketing and operational processes. Follow through with implementing an optimal structure within the sales compensation system. Granted complete autonomy to direct Advisor Site web site functions.
· Regarded as Integration Projects subject matter expert. Educate and build Wholesale Distribution knowledge ensuring requirements and support exist for external clients and internal sales force. Further, permanently selected as Best Practices Committee Member. Accountable for harmonizing: terminology, operational processes, and issues to reduce confusion for Sunlife staff, end customers, and both Clarica/external advisors.
· Trusted implicitly. Privy to confidential client/policy information and security access for web and production sites. Designated as replacement during absence of Director.
· Anticipated the impact and project managed the sales of a new website tool to meet Bill C6 (privacy guidelines) requirements. Successfully addressed corporate client decision makers, selling this add-on technology feature.
· Surpassed customer’s needs by strategizing to develop a proprietary mailing process for a corporate partner. Streamlined the reporting protocol and eliminated the risk of lost/delayed mail between two companies.
· Decisive and detailed oriented nature tackles New Business applications, settling as quickly as possible before fiscal year end. Maintain cognizance of commission cutoff dates of each application to capitalize on generated commission. Continue by outlining exception situations and seeking agreement by all parties ensuring utmost satisfaction by key stakeholders.
SENIOR BROKERAGE MANAGER
1999 - 2001
Hand picked to transition important, time critical tactical plans into action for this very busy department. Efforts supported business development requirements by forming, chairing and managing multi-layered project teams. Tasked to customize operational solution packages for 14 national account partners. Communicated updates to senior management.
· Exceptional technical proficiency implemented an online ordering system, maintained a Contact Management Database, and launched a Windows based illustration system with residual promotional features.
· Profited from enhancing educational component of partner needs. Captured 300% life sales growth within one year.
PROJECT PRODUCT CONSULTANT
1998 - 1999
Managed implementation of initiatives specifically focused on Universal Life product. Coordinated contract revision project with legal, marketing and technical teams involving an extensive and complex client mailing.
PRODUCT SERVICE SPECIALIST / OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
1991 - 1998
Initially retained in an administrative capacity, with accountabilities for providing technical support and newsletter editing. Skill-set recognized and promoted to Product Service Specialist in 1995 to administer head office’s Individual Life Marketing sector. Teamed to handle the sales/service hotline for Financial Advisors regarding new product, policy adherence, quotes, and exceptions information.
Word… Excel… Project…PowerPoint…Outlook Express… EOS Financial Illustration Software… ACT… Lotus Notes… FASAT Compensation System… VISION Administration… CDS - Client Data System… Gentia Sales Tracking… Internet Research.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
BACHELOR OF ARTS, Major – Economics
Trent University, Peterborough, ON
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SIMULATION – COUNTDOWN (Paradigm Learning, Inc.)
FACILITATION SKILLS (MICA Consulting)
PROJECT MANAGEMENT – TOOLS & TECHNIQUES (SPM Group Ltd.)
PRESENTATIONS THAT WORK Integration Consultants
LIFE and OFFICE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (LOMA) DESIGNATIONS
ASSOCIATE, CUSTOMER SERVICE – ACS
FELLOW, LIFE AND OFFICE MANAGEMENT – FLMI