Assistant Professor of Mathematics
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Educational Professional with a distinguished career of over 20 years providing educational instruction and training solutions to individuals and corporations which enhance productivity, strengthen responsiveness, improve quality, and drive sustained business performance.
• Curriculum Development • Probability & Statistics • Mathematics
• Engineering / Six Sigma • Electronics • Statistical Reporting
• ISO 9000 Process • New Product Training • Reliability/Quality Assurance
• Performance Analysis • Team Accountability • Relationship Management
MANHATTAN COLLEGE, Riverdale, NY
Masters, Electrical Engineering
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, New York, NY
Bachelor of Science, Electromechanical
Manager's Excellence Award for Warranty Reduction
Division Award for Product Performance Improvement
Award for Outstanding Volunteer Work
American Statistical Association
Advanced Placement Statistics Examination - Faculty Consultant
Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers
American Society for Quality
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology - Program Evaluator
Managed all aspects of curriculum development and implementation. Determined student capabilities and utilized effective teaching methods to educate students. Handled lecturing responsibilities successfully.
• Educated college-level students in math coursework including Introductory Statistics, Probability & Statistics I & II, and Applied Statistics.
• Instructed students on diverse subject matter including Electric Circuits, Digital Circuits, Electronics I & II, Digital Electronics, SPC, Process Capability, and Gage R&R.
• Played a key role in developing course materials for training seminars.
• Evaluated student performance levels and recommended augmentations in study habits, which resulted in improved academic performance levels.
• Proven success in conceptualizing and designing a complex test facility, which resulted in a Power Management Control System product that generated in excess of $10 million in annual sales.
• Streamlined manufacturing test processes, which realized a $2 million reduction in overhead.
• Realized $2 million in savings by introducing a product tracking process for mainframe power supplies.
• Produced annual sales of over $1.2 million due to hardware design and qualification testing of Power Leader Modbus Monitor.
• Instrumental in identifying and resolving Power Management Control System issues, which resulted in the payment of over $1 million in withheld payments from GE.
• Played an integral role in the launch of 9 Green Belt Projects, which produced $1 million in savings.
• Reduced defects by 95% and significantly improved reliability through the implementation of an Ethernet Gateway for Power Management Control System.
• Created test strategies that utilized accelerated life testing and complied with reliability specifications, which resulted in 75% reduction in field failures.
Formulated reliability predictions on a regular basis. Directed ISO 9000 processes and ensured compliance to Federal and State regulations. Created quality plans and process flow charts. Controlled all aspects of studies concerning process capability and gage R&R. Directed Six Sigma study sessions. Led hardware design initiatives successfully.
• Utilized Six Sigma tools to resolve product performance issues, which significantly increased customer satisfaction levels.
• Served as Lead Quality Engineer for Optics Network Products.
• Developed statistical and reliability reports involving product performance on a monthly basis, which enabled management to make sound business decisions.
• Demonstrated expertise in all areas of statistical analysis and acted as corporate resource throughout multiple organizations.
QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY, Hamden, CT
1996 - Present
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
BAGATEL CORPORATION, Hamden, CT
2002 - Present
DIVERSIFIED CORPORATION, Danbury, CT
Technical Development Engineer
CIDRA CORPORATION, Willamantic, CT
Senior Quality Engineer / Training Instructor
DEBRON SYSTEMS, Plainville, CT
1994 - 2000
Senior Systems Engineer / Training Instructor
DUTCHESS COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Poughkeepsie, NY
1988 - 1993
IBM CORPORATION, Poughkeepsie, NY
1981 - 1993
Advisory Engineer / Training Instructor
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Rochester, NY
PRWRA Kristen Coria - Accounting Paradigms - Hamden, CT 06518 - resumesAP@aol.com - http://www.careerparadigms.com