604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Manager with 23 years experience in a variety of accounting positions, including Sales Tax Auditor, Senior Auditor / Acting Supervisor of Internal Audit, Tax Consultant, Office Manager, and Express Agent. Able to apply problem-solving skills, handle high pressure situtations, adapt to changing situations, and maximize efficiency while minimizing costs.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Handled various aspects of financial reporting, bank reconciliation, internal accounting controls, preparing trial balance, review and preparation of financial statements, sales reports, cash flow analysis, payroll, inventory control, conducting internal audits, and reviewing accounts receivable/payable journals.
• Skilled in office administration, staff supervision and development, records and file management, interdepartmental communications, correspondence, and project coordination.
• Oversaw contracts, budgets, projections, W-2s, tax liability assessment, individual income tax returns, sales tax returns, expense accounts, aging reports, collections, and sales journals.
• Demonstrated communication through professional relationships, presentations and proposal skills, coordination with attorneys and civic leaders, and staff supervisory skills.
Public Department, New Orleans, LA
2000 - Present
Senior Auditor / Acting Supervisor of Internal Audit
• Review internal control structures, perform special reviews, conduct internal audits, make recommendations for corrective actions of unsatisfactory conditions, report findings to the Board of Directors and senior management, assist with improvements in operations and reductions in costs, monitor vendor contracts for compliance with contractual terms, and review all applicable laws and regulations for all projects and operations.
• Assist the Manager of the Audit Unit in designing annual audit plans, assign audits to staff and supervise progress, assist senior management and the Board of Directors on special projects, attend Pension Committee meetings as management representative, and perform internal and operational audits.
• Oversaw the design of an RFP for a Commission Recapture Program for the Employee Pension Fund, including publishing the request in the media, receiving bids, selecting an Evaluation Team, and developing a short list for the Board of Directors for final selection.
City Hall, New Orleans, LA
1996 - 2000
• Served as auditor with a wide range of duties, including examination of previously submitted returns, reviewing public records, researching automated system files of taxpayer records, and studying tax laws, legal opinions, and court decisions for applicability of field examination work. Served as a member of an audit team, reviewed financial statements and records, audited operations, interviewed all levels of personnel to research operations, recorded and reported practices, determined tax liability for individuals and corporate entities, and related City sales tax auditing functions.
Gas and Electric Company, New Orleans, LA
1991 - 1996
• Reviewed internal control structures, performed special reviews, conducted internal audits, made recommendations for corrective actions of unsatisfactory conditions, reported findings to the Board of Directors and senior management, assisted with improvements in operations and reductions in costs, monitored vendor contracts for compliance with contractual terms, and reviewed all applicable laws and regulations for projects and operations.
Madeline's Electrical Services, New Orleans, LA
1987 - 1991
• Coordinated all aspects of office administration and general business operations, including supervision of five office staff members. Managed accounts payable, check requisitions, updating database of billing / payment transactions, and maintaining physical files of bills and receipts. Oversaw collections, reviewed delinquent accounts, sent collection effort letters, and contacted customers by phone. Handled accounts receivable, processed credit checks, and set up new accounts. Coordinated inventory control, ordering of supplies, shipping / receiving, including invoice management and quality control of order matching. Managed all general accounting functions, tracked bank transactions, made daily deposits, managed petty cash, tracked all financial records and reporting, and created monthly projections and end-of-month summaries. Oversaw payroll, including calculation of weekly hours for each employee, and maintained personnel files.
Rail Station, New Orleans, LA
1979 - 1987
• Managed Shipping Office, reported cash and credit transactions, submited daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, provided information to internal and external customers, balanced accounts, and participated in internal audits.
• Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
• Institute of Internal Auditors
• Louisiana Real Estate Society
• Institute of Internal Auditors
University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
Certified Public Accountant
PRWRA Grant Cooper - Strategic Resumes / YWW - New Orleans, LA 70118 - firstname.lastname@example.org