Housing Services Assistant
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
• 16+ years working with the elderly, including 4 years as Service Coordinator for St. Mary's Apartments.
• Thoroughly familiar with HUD and tenant/landlord regulations, assistance programs, and collections.
• Resourceful and innovative in problem solving; adapt quickly to a challenge. Strong prioritization skills.
• Relate warmly to diverse individuals at all levels; respectful yet assertive communication style.
LUTHER COURT, Minneapolis, MN
2001 - Present
Housing Services Assistant (on-call)
• Assist tenants in an assisted-living building with activities of daily living: medication reminders, facilitating recreational activities, meal assistance, showers, vitals and laundry. Document all activities.
MAC VESTIN, St. Paul, MN
2002 - Present
Personal Care Assistant
• Provide daily in-home care for a 96-year-old man: bathing, meal preparation, laundry and companionship.
ST. MARY'S APARTMENTS, Golden Valley, MN
1997 - 2002
• Assisted tenants with program eligibility requirements and application processes (Energy Assistance, Home Care Services, Medical Assistance, Telephone Assistance, etc.).
• Served as a tenant advocate, communicating on their behalf with social services and home care agencies.
• Organized intergenerational activities with tenants and local schools on a monthly basis.
• Facilitated a "Good Old Days" and grief support group, co-facilitated Tenant Council meetings, and coordinated educational and entertainment programs.
• Responded to emergency pull cords, and assisted the manager in collecting rent.
A+ HOME CARE, INC., Bloomington, MN
Home Health Aide
• Assisted patients in their homes with personal cares: vitals, bathing and exercises.
• Documented visits, reported changes to supervisor, and attended monthly in-services.
FAIRVIEW HEATLH SERVICES, Minneapolis, MN
1987 - 1996
Personal Care Attendant
• Assisted elderly and disabled individuals with daily living and health care skills.
PRIOR RELEVANT BACKGROUND
Attendant, Minnesota Medical Assistance (3 years); Home Visitor, Minnesota Valley Action Council (1 year); Home Attendant, Upjohn Health Care (2 years; Assistant Director, Greden Valley Child Care (1 year).
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor of Arts, Gerontology, Minor: Family Studies
Oxford University - London
International Program Studies (1 year)
PRWRA Barb Poole - Hire Imaging - 1812 Red Fox Road - St. Cloud, MN 56301 - email@example.com - (320) 253-0975 - (320) 253-1790 fax