Project Coordinator Recent Graduate
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Public Speaking Skills / Team Player / Analytical Skills
Management Skills / JLPT Level 4 Holder
Active and outgoing sociology graduate equipped with project management, sales, public relations, and administrative skills. Comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Supported daily expenses partially through temporary employment. Willing to travel and relocate.
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE (NUS)
(Expected) May 2004
Bachelor of Social Sciences Honors, Sociology
Double Major in Geography and Sociology
Thesis Topic: Beauty on the Cutting Edge: Cosmetic Surgery in South Korea
Proposed various applicable conclusions to important issues through analysis of information based on interviews conducted with more than ten South Koreans (based locally and abroad) and other secondary sources.
NUS STUDENTS' UNION INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS COMMITTEE
Planned and launched special events catered to international students in Singapore, including International Students' Night, Chinese New Year Festival, and Deepavali. Managed multi-national team of 10-15 members from Malaysia, Indonesia, Mauritius, Philippines, and Vietnam as one of three project coordinators. Contacted bus companies and coordinated bus transport to event venues. Educated international students about local cultures by arranging bus tours and functioning as tour guide.
· Resolved heated conflicts among members by calming down involved parties and alleviating tense atmosphere.
· Improvised by securing SBS public buses when private buses were unavailable for Deepavali event.
VICTORIA JUNIOR COLLEGE (VJC)
VJC GEOGRAPHY SOCIETY
1998 - 1999
· Played instrumental role in creation of first "Green Map" in Singapore by marking out locations with natural environment along East Coast Beach. (Map sold in various parts of Singapore.)
JAPAN TOURISM BOARD (JTB)
2002 - 2003
Tour Guide (assignment-based)
Introduced Singapore's history and tourist attractions to groups of 10-20 Japanese high school students despite facing significant language barrier. Designed half-day tour schedules and held accountable for all areas of students' activities including buying meals and booking tickets. Completed five assignments with JTB.
· Successfully recovered misplaced belongings of student by launching three-hour search with help from Sentosa monorail personnel. Gained understanding from teachers of Japanese students by communicating situation to them.
Sales Promoter (two months)
Promoted ABN AMBRO's Ladies Card to public at manned booths. Maintained image of company by projecting professional image despite tough working conditions.
· Qualified prospects and met all sales quotas through constant application of sales fundamentals.
Event Coordinator (one month)
Sourced customers for events in corporate sector and government bodies through telemarketing. Provided support during events by assisting in manning booths and ushering.
· Developed and polished public relation and telephone skills during tenure.
Covered administrative duties of department for shipping and petroleum multi-national corporation, including data entry and mail processing. Relayed important information to captains out on sea.
AWARDS AND HONORS
GCE 'O' Level Academic Achievement
Edusave Merit Bursary
Fourth Position, National School Championships
East Zone Team Colors Award
Gold medal, 'B' Division Zonal Team Championships
Bronze medal, 'B' Division National Team Championships
Silver medal, 'B' Division National Team Championships
LANGUAGE / COMPUTER SKILLS
· Fluent in English (speak, write) and Mandarin (speak, write). Holder of Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) Level 4 certificate.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.