Recreation Director Best
9127 Hill Place, Atlanta, GA 30601 / Tel# (208) 555-2892 Email: email@example.com
Recreation director with over six years experience managing recreational activities, including parks and community events, athletic teams, and fitness classes. Accomplishments include coordinating major park renovations, large-scale events, and multiple activities schedules. Ability to communicate with advisory boards, government leaders, civic groups, grounds crews, contractors, athletes, and children.
· Activity Coordination
· Event Planning
· Community Relations
· Fitness Instruction
· Grounds Maintenance
· Public Relations
· Project Management
· Wellness Programs
· Athletic Coaching
ATLANTA PARKS AND RECREATION, Atlanta, GA
2000 - Present
Oversaw staff of nine Parks Department employees, Recreation Supervisor and staff, administrative assistant, and temporary employees for summer and special programs. Interacted with city departments, community groups, and civic leaders. Administered $450,000 annual operating budget for operations, maintenance, and repairs of city parks and equipment.
· Oversaw and managed all daily operations of Parks and Recreation Departments to maintain safety and service.
· Visited sites throughout the city to evaluate needs, determine most cost-efficient method to accomplish projects within budget and make recommendations for city approval.
· Served as Project Manager for R. E. Reynolds Park Improvement Project, a $20M park refurbishment program.
· Coordinated with other departments, agencies, and community leaders to maintain a positive team environment.
· Served as liaison with the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board to communicate park issues and receive operational direction.
VALDOSTA PARKS AND RECREATION, Valdosta, GA
1997 - 2000
Directed media relations, public affairs activities, and special events in coordination with the Chamber of Commerce, Recreation Division, and community. Oversaw festivals, Little League/Football League/Soccer League functions, and other events held in city parks.
· Prepared contingency plans to anticipate inclement weather and emergencies, acting as field operations supervisor during emergencies.
· Implemented technology to advertise events, including Recreation Department Web site, e-mail announcements, and newsgroup postings.
· Involved the community in park clean-up days to prepare the park for the summer season.
· Mobilized a crew of volunteers to assist with park maintenance after major events or severe storms.
AUGUSTA HIGH SCHOOL, Augusta, GA
1995 - 1997
Encouraged promising players to join school’s tennis team. Trained and developed players. Advised players on stroke production and hitting techniques. Organized practices and managed a rigorous training program. Scheduled team matches and tournaments.
· Developed instructional presentations to teach technique as well as sportsmanship.
· Designed activities and modeled behaviors to demonstrate supportive teamwork.
· Coached team from a 6-12 record to a 15-3 record within two years.
· Instilled high levels of pride in students for well-played matches.
ZANE FITNESS CENTER, Augusta, GA
1992 - 1995
Taught group-based aerobics and weight-training classes to fitness center members. Designed and delivered individualized training sessions, organizing a progressively challenging regime and advising on proper technique. Trained members on equipment use, including safety measures and health concerns.
· Designed and presented fitness and wellness lectures to inform members of fitness and health issues.
· Demonstrated personal care and attention to all class attendees, resulting in fitness center’s highest ratings on class evaluations.
· Included elements of fun in all classes, leading to 65% increase in class enrollments.
· Increased membership renewal rates by counseling members regarding fitness center’s resources, recommending additional classes, new equipment, or additional exercises.
Bachelor of Science (Exercise Science), 1996
University of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
CERTIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training
ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certificate
AFAA Personal Trainer Certificate
American College of Sports Medicine
Aerobics and Fitness Association of America