604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY—TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY
Award-winning e-business expert and pioneer with start up, accelerated growth, acquisition, and strategic alliances track record. Built award winning interactive design agency servicing Fortune 50 clients. Successfully directed company through changing markets and technologies. Expert in identifying and capitalizing on market opportunities, capturing key accounts, and outperforming competition. Exceptional team-leadership, negotiation, and client relationship skills.
· Quoted in various publications, such as: Crain’s NY, NY Post, and “Type” Magazine (Japan).
· Frequent speaker at Silicon Alley Breakfast Club, New York, NY.
STRATEGY / OPERATIONS
· Industry Pioneer - built 1st DTP-department for leading publishing firm – established one of1st digital design studios in New York City – created 1st Web sites for clients: Canon Digital Video, CMP Publishing, Digital Equipment Company (Alpha-servers), Petrossian Paris, Phillips-Van Heusen, Sobe Beverages, and Tishman Construction.
· Demonstrated skills in project management from brainstorming phase through award winning implementation, capitalizing on core competencies of technical and creative staff.
· Authored board-approved service model detailing acquisition and integration strategy.
· Thwarted $4 million acquisition mistake for ABC Firm by performing in-depth due diligence, revealing less-than-reported revenues and potential.
Marketing / Business Development / Finance
· Sustained 40% annual growth rate through 2000 within highly competitive market by developing strategic, long-term business plans, attracting and retaining talented staff, and cost control processes–outlasted and outperformed major industry players.
· Achieved profitability within 18 months after start-up, with no outside funding.
· Spearheaded and developed high-margin consulting business as new deliverable within Vizy Interactive.
Team Building / Relationship Management
· Easily communicate at all corporate levels; know how to find the right “tone”. Quickly build rapport and gain trust from peers and superiors. Demonstrated proficiency in consensus building, team building, and executive liaison affairs.
· Achieved outstanding staff retention rates by fostering employee empowerment and “open-door” policy. Decisive and pragmatic leadership style. Capable of managing staff of up to 150.
· Generated repeat and referral business through professional reputation as reliable business owner delivering high quality services, also resulting in attraction and retention of key accounts.
· Effectively managed teams to consistently meet project deadlines within budget restraints.
Technology / Design
· Possess unique combination of analytical, technological and creative talents: instrumental in successfully translating clients’ corporate identity and critical business processes into Web based business tools, using advanced communication, design, and technology skills.
· Developed and instituted project tracking methodology to aid in management of cross-functional teams, ensuring both client satisfaction and profitability.
· In-depth knowledge of offline and online design and technology; Internet tools, technologies, companies, and trends; cross browser environments, content management, technical development, hosting, and databases.
ABBY INTERACTIVE, New York, NY—President
2000 to 2001
Reported directly to CEO, COO, and president of parent company. Managed operations of ABC Firm’s flagship office: accountable for strategic planning, operations, business planning and development, sales and marketing, technology, project management, finance and budgeting, contract negotiations, human resources, quality assurance, and P&L.
· Evaluated companies for acquisition worth up to $10 million.
· Expert negotiator and mediator; directed crisis communications arising from numerous management changes.
NEW TIME MULTIMEDIA, INC., NEW YORK, NY—President and Creative Director
1993 to 2000
Visualized and launched award winning interactive agency, (continuation of Electric Illustrator), servicing cross-industry Fortune 50 clients. Focused on attracting solid and varied accounts instead of investors, which resulted in strong and sustained revenues and company growth.
· Evaluated numerous acquisition offers; performed solid due diligence and in 2000, favorably negotiated sale of company to ABC Firm, a publicly held international interactive agency.
· Played key role in transitioning and launching predecessor company as new entity, Vizy Interactive (wholly owned subsidiary of ABC Firm); sustained team cohesion and profit gains and established new corporate identity and branding strategy.
NEW DESIGN, New York, NY—President
1990 to 1993
Founded and managed one of first digital design studios in New York City. Solely responsible for planning, business development, sales and marketing, process development, human resources, business law, real estate, and asset purchases.
· Held largest subcontracting account for AT&T interactive T.V. screen project through Ogilvy and Mather.
DESIGN INSTITUTE, BROOKLYN, NY—Instructor Advanced Computer Design
1990 to 1993
NEW YORK CONSULTING GROUP, New York, NY—Graphics Manager
1988 to 1990
Managed Graphics Department for New York office.
BARNSTEIN DIRECTORY, NEW YORK, NY—Desktop Publishing Manager
1986 to 1988
Recruited by senior executive to establish first DTP-department within firm.
International Web page award for Petrossian site, 2000
Deloitte & Touch “Fast 50” and “Fast 500” awards as one of fastest-growing technology firms, 1999
International Web page award for Sobe Beverage Web site, 1999
“Pencil” award for New Time Multimedia Web site, 1999
SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS – HUNTER COLLEGE, NEW YORK, NY
English and Illustration Major – completed 3½ years of B.A. degree program before accepting position as Desktop Publishing Manager at Barnstein Directory.