Software Project Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Seasoned software expert acknowledged for talents in precisely conceptualizing and directing the development and continuous refinement of advanced technology solutions to meet clients' needs. Sophisticated programming knowledge combines with well-honed problem solving strengths to meet the challenges of business economics, client needs and technical innovation.
• Acknowledged for outstanding contributions in producing flagship product. Awarded "Bradford Business Software Global Award" recognizing expertise in cross-functional team work and cost-effective, timely project delivery. Predicted revenue generating potential of this initiative was realized, exceeding all expectations.
• Dramatically improved quality processes with initiative later adopted by Bradford as the worldwide official standard for internal product development methodologies. Reviewed and revamped procedures, templates and rules across the software development lifecycle; designed, developed and delivered productivity improvement proposal, bugs lifecycle presentation, and staff quality development method.
• Slashed 20% of costs associated with software testing by introducing superior defect prevention strategy including walkthroughs, reviews and inspection phase changes.
• Quality Process Management • Multilevel Project Management
• Software Development • Process Reengineering
• Change and Release Management • Pre-Post Sales/Marketing Support
• Product Evaluation and Roll Out • Executive & Technical Presentations
• Education Management • Benchmarking
• Cost Constraint • Defect Prevention
Bradford Business Software, Seattle, WA
1997 - Present
SENIOR QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER, Lead QA
World's leading business software company delivering end-to-end infrastructure across all platforms to enable eBusiness technologies.
Direct all methodology processes in a systems software and communications development environment, while simultaneously propelling quality assurance advances leading the product lines. Readily assumed additional responsibilities driving improvements to product development methodologies.
• Accomplished on time, on budget delivery of 5 releases over 3 months, complying with all major standards and achieving management recognition as "Department of the Year".
• Delivered error-free major project release.
• Composed Quality Manual distinguished by its clarity and at-a-glance information.
• Instrumental in the successful transition of certification from ISO 9002-1994 to ISO 9001-2000. Revamped internal product development methodology to adhere to stringent compliance requirements.
• Generated substantial client satisfaction and goodwill by continuously exceeding targets and objectives for product lines.
• Realized rapid upswing in quality improvement, devising solutions using KAIZEN method.
• Saved 20% of costs associated with software testing. Formulated new "Defect Prevention" strategy reengineering existing testing and inspection processes.
Manning Corporation, Seattle, WA
1989 - 1997
World leader specializing in hardware and software manufacturing; total solution provider.
Managed global support for XSP, FSP, ESPIII, MSP and EMOS operating systems and software products servicing mainframe customers across the Pacific. Accomplished unparalleled customer satisfaction achieving 15 minute response times 24 X 7 X 365.
Managed cross-functional teams, controlled upgrade, maintenance and new release projects, assured ISO 9000 compliance, evaluated new and 3rd party products, and presented information to clients and team members. Evaluated and verified interconnectivity and system integration issues.
• Produced and delivered highly successful series of "condensed" training courses to staff and customers. Participant results were significant with 98% success rates on final examination.
• Organized and presented International Symposium.
• Conceptualized and delivered well-received high level internal technical seminar aimed at management and system engineers.
• Elected Departmental Delegate to participate on ISO certification project workgroup. Key contributor towards successful attainment of ISO9001, 9002 and 9003 certification, and JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard).
Centralized management and network visibility products.
Quality Standards and Methodologies
PDM Product Development Methodology
• AS/NZS ISO 9001-2000
• AS/ISO 15504 SPICE: Software Product Improvement & Capability Determination
• ISO/IEC 12207 Software Lifecycle
• CMM 1.1: Capability Maturity Model
• CMMI/SE/SW: Integrated Capability Maturity Model for Systems Engineering and Software Development
• Gap Analysis
Project Management Tools
Microsoft Project, CA Superproject, PMW, Pert Time/Cost/Manpower
PM Body of Knowledge
Platforms and Networks
OS/390 eNetwork CS2.10, Client-server, VTAM, XOT, X25, Cisco Routers, OSA, Windows NT/2000, Windows 9x/ME, LAN/WAN, Internet
Microsoft Office, FrontPage and most commercial office applications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
University of Seattle, Seattle, WA
Certified in Software Quality, SQA
University of Seattle, Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Science, Computer Sciences
PRWRA Gayle Howard - Top Margin - firstname.lastname@example.org