Police Officer Information Systems
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
• Dependable, trustworthy with solid work ethic.
• Accept role as assigned and strive for excellent results.
• Genuine team player; committed to organizational success.
• Articulate, effective communicator and presenter, both oral and written.
• Outstanding organizational, analytical and problem solving capabilities.
• Sincere and honest with a high level of personal and professional integrity.
• Skilled at maintaining a positive and approachable demeanor while working to resolve problems.
• Known for refined interpersonal skills; interact favorably with people from all backgrounds and cultures.
City of Montreal
1977 - 2001
Montreal Police Service
1997 - 2001
Corporate Information Systems
• Selected to implement the Vehicle Impound Program System as a replacement for the Pound System. Liaised with both IT Services and outside contractors during the development cycle.
• Functioning within the realm of System Custodian, approved system changes, performed security site visits, conducted user background checks/approvals, provided end user training, quality control and statistical reporting.
• Ensured program cost recovery.
1996 - 1997
Traffic Services Detective Officer
Established procedures for the pound officers to assist in the enforcement of the Vehicle Repair and Storage Liens Act, Highway Traffic Act and the Municipal By-Laws related to vehicle impounding.
1994 - 1996
Parking Enforcement Unit
• Implemented the technological strategy utilized for the Parking Enforcement Units.
• Initiated the Metropolitan Police Pound System designed for Municipal Law Enforcement Management, parking tag inventory and vehicle impounding.
• Coordinated activity between police services and privately operated remote pound sites.
• Acting Sergeant for a period of approximately 1½ years, working with civilian Parking Enforcement Officers.
1992 - 1994
Traffic Support Services
Hand-picked to strategize technical considerations of a new Parking Enforcement Unit for the Parking Consolidation Project. Further skills pertinent to the following positions:
• Traffic Direction • Accident Investigation
• Radar Enforcement • RIDE
• Motorcycle & Expressway Enforcement • Breathalyzer Testing
• Respond to Radio Calls • Court Designated Expert Police Witness
• Coach/Evaluate New Recruits • Report Preparation
• Execute Arrest Warrants • Project Proposal Preparation
1991 - 1992
1990 - 1991
Field Support Services
1989 - 1990
Business Systems Analyst
1987 - 1988
11 Division Constable (Served as Warrant Officer for 6 months)
1978 - 1986
Central Traffic Unit Member
AWARDS & SPECIAL RECOGNITION
• Police Exemplary Service Medal:
Issued by the Governor General for providing 20 years of "Loyal and Meritorious Service to Law Enforcement in Canada"
• Letter of Commendation from Deputy Minister, Glenn R. Thompson regarding a traffic accident. Cited for exhibiting a "very balanced approach in questioning those involved and in providing assistance"
• Civilian Letter of Outstanding Service: Recognized for "clearly displaying that police too, are compassionate"
• Letter of Appreciation from IBM. Noted for contributions made to "Computing and telecommunications Group and traffic support services".
• Personnel Documentation: (one of many) Received notification commending excellent policing in a solo situation utilizing an "alert and quick response"
• Operating Systems: DOS, Windows 95/98/2000/NT
• Software: Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, e-mail, fax, scan
• Database Applications: Access, Oracle: Forms, Reports I (V2), PLUS (V3.1) and PL/SQL (V2), Clipper and "C"
• Law Enforcement Industry Proprietary Software: CPIC, PARIS, CIPS, DEC, CASC and Manix
• Programming: COBOL, C, BASIC, JCL, RPG II, IBM Assembly Language Programming
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Charles O. Bick Police College, Montreal-includes, but is not limited to:
• Use/User of Force • Traffic Operations
• Stress Management • Problem Solving
• Conflict Management • Advanced Defensive Training
• Crisis Intervention • Revolver Retention & Usage
• Baton Training • Criminal Investigation
• Radar Operator • Accident Investigation
Breathalyzer Course - Centre of Forensic Sciences, Montreal
Probationary Constable Course - Ontario Police College, Aylmer
Forensic Science - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Montreal
Drug Identification & Investigation - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Montreal
Criminal Investigative Techniques - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Montreal
Effective Business & Technical Writing - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Montreal
PRWRA Audrey Field - Résumé Resources - Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada - http://www.resumeresources.ca