Systems and Network Administrator
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Experienced IT professional with expertise in Windows-based environments, networking and TCP/IP. Outstanding customer service skills resolving technical issues and educating end-users. Team player making significant contributions to team and individual success.
Applications: Windows Server 2003, 2000, NT, Exchange 2000, Exchange 5.5, Veritas Netbackup Datacenter, Veritas Backup Exec, PC Anywhere, MS Office Pro, Lotus Notes, Trend Antivirus Client Server, Norton Antivirus Client Server, GFI Faxmaker, GFI Mail Security Spam control, GFI Mail Essentials Exchange Virus Protection, PC imaging with Ghost and Imagecast
Network Services: TCP/IP, Active Directory, Group policy, DNS, WINS, DHCP, VPN, IAS, Terminal Services, Routing and Remote Access, Network planning, wiring and cable terminations
Hardware & Software Solutions: LAN, WAN, Watchguard Firewall Installation and management of Rule Set, 3com NBX Telephone switch administration including Digital Phones with Voice over IP, Geovision PC based Digital Video Recording systems
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & CERTIFICATIONS
· MCP Certified Windows 2000 Professional
· Citrix Metaframe XP
· Networking, Northern Virginia Community College
· TCP/IP, Northern Virginia Community College
· Installing and Configuring Windows 2000 Professional & Server, Gesalt System Inc.
· C, and C++, Northern Virginia Community College
RELATED WORK HISTORY
Custom Fit Inc., Chantilly, VA
2002 – Present
Systems & Network Administrator
· Performed daily monitoring, maintenance and backup of Windows 2000 domain.
· Successfully completed system and data migration from Windows NT domain to Windows 2000/Active Directory domain within time frames and with minimal downtime.
· Migration included Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 and Windows NT, and Windows 98 to Windows XP Pro.
· Installed Watchguard firewalls and managed rule set with VPN using Radius authentication.
· Completed server and PC hardware assemblies.
· Performed audio video cabling and hardware installations both interior and exterior work including, ceiling mounts of projectors, screens, cameras, speakers, televisions, etc.
· Planned and organized office moves using project management procedures.
· Maintained and serviced printers and other hardware.
U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA
· Performed data conversion for cartography using Excel, built VB Macros, and performed Access queries.
· Collaborated in development and application of Earth Science Geographic Information Systems.
Net2000 Communications, Herndon, VA
1999 – 2001
NT Systems Administrator
§ Successfully maintained NT groups, permissions and file structures for 900 users in 16 locations.
§ Performed Windows NT and 2000 server builds for hardware and OS installation.
§ Monitored Exchange 5.5 environment daily, including virus alerts and updates using Network Associates Groupshield.
§ Monitored and performed daily creation/termination procedures and maintenance of distribution lists and public folders.
§ Performed data backups, restorations, scheduling, documentation and offsite transfers.
§ Developed and implemented Enterprise backup strategy for over 100 servers using Backup Exec (NT) and Netbackup (UNIX) on Compaq SAN and on stand-alones.
§ Routine work with Compaq TL895 tape library, Brocade Fiber Switches and Compaq Fiber Tape Controllers.
§ Promoted from Help Desk I
Help Desk I
· Monitored help desk phone providing outstanding customer service on technical issues.
· Logged trouble tickets for users.
· Maintained Print Server and print devices.
· Performed hardware and account setups for new employees.
· Purchased and received IT hardware.
· Provided Tier I and Tier II support for MS Office, LAN, WAN, and Lotus Notes.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Kitchen & Company, Sterling, VA, Customer Service Representative, 11/1998 – 4/1999
Country Oven Bakery, Burke, VA, Pastry Chef / Baker, 2/1993 – 8/1999
Windmill Bakeries, Vienna, VA, Cake & Pastry Baker, 1990 – 1993
Johnson & Wales University, Providence, RI
Associates Degree, Occupational Science, 1988