604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Sales Professional with a demonstrated track record of consistently combining sales and management abilities with sound business practices to position employers for long-term growth and profitability. Reputation for producing results with strong communication, persuasive presentation, negotiation, and sales closing skills. Proven abilities in customer relationship retention, quickly achieving sales quotas, and utilizing a proactive approach to problem solving.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
• Account Development and Management • Consultative Sales Management
• Customer Needs Assessment • Vendor and Customer Relations
• New Product Introduction • Account/Customer Retention
• Territory Management and Prospecting • Key Account Development
• Contract Negotiations (Sales and Labor) • Supervision and Training
The Ferndale Daily News, Ferndale, OR
2001 - Present
Sold display retail advertising space in designated territory. Developed territory by maintaining business relationships with approximately 170 existing and prospective customers.
Designed ads for existing customers and created speculative ads for prospective and existing customers. Researched previous customer advertising to determine viable customers to meet sales quotas and identify potential customers for upcoming special advertising sections. Wrote proposals and assisted customers in developing an appropriate marketing campaign or program based on individual goals.
• Consistently achieved and maintained sales quotas as the new sales representative in the retail advertising territory.
ABC Advertising, Salem, OR
1998 - 2001
Effectively developed customer base through prospecting and networking. Successfully reinstated three key accounts as regular customers. Wrote proposals, negotiated prices with customers and suppliers, and coordinated drop shipments to trade shows around the country.
• Instituted a unique Customer Loyalty and Sales Initiative effort, which significantly increased company-wide sales and revenue by encouraging existing customer base to buy "pre-purchased" promotional items in bulk quantities for future advertising needs. Implementation of the program required a monetary investment of $8,000, resulting in an increase of 81% for individual customer sales orders in 2000.
United Transportation, Providence, RI
1997 - 1998
Assistant Terminal Manager
Delivered various bulk products from Massachusetts to Delaware. Taught new hires (experienced drivers) how to load and unload products in the six-month Mentor Program. Trained and worked as Assistant Terminal Manager requiring learning two software programs. Acted as Traffic Manager as needed. Dispatched, routed deliveries, scheduled maintenance on equipment, trucks, and trailers.
ABC Foods, Inc, Providence, RI
1982 - 1997
Delivered various food products to grocery stores and restaurants in a five-state area. Served two 3 year terms as Shop Stewart for employees. Assisted in managing dispatching and routing of deliveries. Elected as Trustee for employee Pension Plan and assisted in the negotiation process during three Labor Contracts.
• Instrumental in developing and establishing a company-wide Driver-Training Program, offering "internal promotion" opportunities for 20 employees over a five-year period (1992-1997). Successfully overcame apprehensions with the program by addressing management concerns with effective solutions. Implementation of the program served to increase profitability through reduced employee turnover and training costs.
Williams Community College, Providence, RI
A.A.S., Business Administration
University of Kentucky, Louisville, KY
Business Administration Program, 55 credits
PRWRA Darlene Dassy - Darlene's Dynamic Resumes - firstname.lastname@example.org