Real Estate Director
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Corporate real estate director offering significant accomplishments during a 15-year history, providing domestic and international commercial real estate services within two Fortune 100 corporations and a premiere real estate service provider. Industry experience includes banking, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and travel. Currently leading a team of real estate professionals involved in the delivery of leased properties, requiring knowledge of core businesses, real estate markets, and existing portfolio. Background includes leasing, sales, acquisitions, and divestiture of office, land, warehousing, manufacturing and retail/call center operating facilities. Working knowledge of property management, accounting principles and financial markets, and utilization of negotiating, deal structuring, and financial analysis skills.
Earned a master's degree in international business and management. Strong background in law with the ability to review documents in a discriminating manner, looking for liabilities that could affect the corporation's bottom line. Computer skills include Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), and Lotus Notes.
HILL INTERNATIONAL, Atlanta, Georgia
Director, 1998 - Present
Maintain accountability for the delivery of projects and transaction segment of a $20 million annual base-rent commitment real estate portfolio, consisting of 122 properties in the southern United States and the Caribbean. Focus on understanding the business and key business drivers, matching real estate solutions and strategies, and presenting cost effective alternatives. Lead the transaction management delivery team involved in locating prospective space and negotiating leases, while partnering with the project management team to deliver cost effective and timely real estate projects for client. Secure financial approval for projects from client's senior real estate committees. Maintain relationships with senior client business leaders to identify real estate solutions in keeping with long-term business unit and corporate business strategies. Serve as liaison with landlords of major leased properties to maintain solid working relationships.
· Southern Region team completed 90 real estate projects in 2000, totaling 200,000 RSF (projects included new leases, lease renewals, subleases, and lease terminations/buyouts).
· Led team that recently completed negotiations for an 80,000 RSF lease renewal/build-to-suit project in Florida, resulting in a $500,000 save off the approved budget.
· Created course materials and led panel teaching transaction managers in proper review of leases.
OCTAGON, INC., Houston, Texas
Manager, 1978 - 1998
Managed a multi-million dollar real estate leasing portfolio of 205 domestic and international leased properties. Coordinated and directed the management of a portfolio of 160 owned properties, with responsibility for marketing and selling surplus real estate. Served as the real estate liaison between internal corporate headquarters' staff and external brokerage firms and landlords. Supervised an executive assistant and represented company's interests when working with outside brokerage firms, outside counsel, and subsidiaries' management and landlords.
· Generated $5 million from the sale of 10 major manufacturing and warehousing properties in over a 3-year time frame
· Participated on a 15-member corporate acquisition and divestiture team with personal responsibility for reviewing real estate due diligence materials and scheduling liabilities prior to acquisition; completed 11 divestitures in 5 years and assignments were completed for 175 leases.
· Reviewed and negotiated 100 property leases and renewals that amounted to $52 million in base rent commitments for 2 years; a total of 27% were international leases.
· Worked with MIS staff to develop, test, and implement real estate database programs.
· Managed subleased office space in New York City that produced $385,000 in annual profit for 6 years.
Coordinator, Real Estate Leasing
Managed a domestic and international real estate portfolio with more than 400 leases. Created this position from ground zero, working with attorneys formerly handling these responsibilities before real estate leasing operations were separated from the law department.
Coordinated the application and renewal process for more than 2,000 trademark registrations, with 30% registered in international countries. Maintained a registration tracking database. Supervised a patent docket clerk.
HELIX BANK, Houston, Texas
Legal Assistant, 1976 - 1978
Processed all legal documents served on bank, including IRS tax levies, garnishments, court orders, and death notices. Created legal assistant's position for the bank.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
B.S., International Business - Management, 1994
Bachelor of Arts
Certificate -Lawyer's Assistant Program
Licensed Real Estate Broker - State of Texas
Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR) - International Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives
International Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives (NACORE)