Retail Manager Music
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
MUSIC RETAIL MANAGEMENT • SINGER/SONGWRITER •
MUSIC TEACHER & MENTOR
Creative, detailed-oriented professional demonstrating broad ranging achievements and knowledge within diverse spheres of the music industry encompassing live performance, television, radio, teaching and retail sales. Combines strong hands-on competencies and innate leadership, interpersonal, management and communication skills with a vivacious, friendly personality. Prizes loyalty, integrity and hard work within vital life ethos.
· Outstanding Musical Knowledge
· Effective Communications
· Industry Networking
· Flexible, Creative & Fun
· Exceptional Interpersonal Finesse
· Teacher & Motivator
· Trend Setter
· Highly Motivated Self Starter
· Energetic & Passionate
· Customer Service Excellence
· Dedicated & Committed
· Client Relationship Management
· Team Leadership & Direction
· Organizational Expertise
· High Stress Challenging Environments
Proficient in: Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME; MacOS; Adobe Photoshop; Adobe Illustrator; Print Artist; Arcsoft Photo Studio; Ulead Photo Express; Netscape Communicator; Microsoft Internet Explorer, Realplayer; Windows Media Player; OpenMG; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Works; Outlook Express; Winstore.
PROFILE OF ACHIEVEMENTS
2000 – AUSTRALIAN LIVE MUSIC AWARD NOMINEE
1999 – CERTIFICATE OF MERIT FOR OUTSTANDING PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT
IN MUSIC STUDIES
1999 – ROTARY BEAT AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN PERFORMING ARTS (MUSIC)
PUBLICATIONS / RADIO / TELEVISION
2001 – SELECTED FROM NATION WIDE FIELD AS PRESENTER/PRODUCER FOR AUSTRALIAN BROADCASTING COMMISSION (ABC) DIGITAL YOUTH CHANNEL
Program cut due to lack of funding.
1998 – 2000 – LEAD SINGER/SONGWRITER AND GUITAR PLAYER IN ‘KRINGER’:
supported renowned Australian bands including Jebediah, Spiderbait, Yothu Yindi,
Dave Graney, Grinspoon and others. Produced and distributed two self-funded EP’s
1998 – ‘BEER, BONGS AND CARROTS’ – TRIPLE J RADIO / ABC RADIO
1998 – CONDUCTED INTERVIEW WITH ACCLAIMED ACT ‘THE SUPERJESUS’:
aired twice on Triple J Radio
1997 – INSTRUMENTAL IN INTRODUCING ‘RECOVERY’
ABC YOUTH MUSIC PROGRAM TO DARWIN:
Personally featured in broadcast leading to hosting numerous freelance stories aired in 1998
1997 – ORGANIZED AND COORDINATED FUNDRAISING CONCERT “REAL APPEAL FUND”: Supporting Prevention Of Youth Suicide.
WRITTEN AND PRODUCED NUMEROUS STORIES FOR ABC RADIO AND TELEVISION
Studies in Children’s Services (2002)
CHARLES DARWIN UNIVERSITY - Darwin, NT, Australia
Certificate 3 – Contemporary Music Skills: Music (2000)
CHARLES DARWIN UNIVERSITY – Darwin, NT, Australia
Combined Restaurant Services (2000)
DARWIN HOSPITALITY COLLEGE – Darwin, NT, Australia
Certificate 1 – Entry Level Music Industry Skills: Vocational Education & Training (1998)
DARWIN HIGH SCHOOL – Darwin, NT, Australia
Senior First Aid Course (1999)
ST JOHNS – Darwin, NT, Australia
Nationally recognized course
NTCE (Northern Territory Certificate of Education – Year 12) (1999)
DARWIN HIGH SCHOOL – Darwin, NT, Australia
Subjects studied include: Music & Music Individual Study / IT / English / Modern European History
SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
2003 – ‘WRITING RHYMES FOR HIP HOP’ ‘RUNNING AN INDEPENDENT HIP HOP LABEL’
MC Ozi Battla (Shannon Kennedy ‘The Herd’)
MUSIC DEPOT – Casuarina, Darwin, Northern Territory
2002 to Present
Charged with full accountability for all aspects day-to-day operations including consistent achievement and conciliation of budget and documentation; staff management; broad ranging reporting requirements; merchandise shipment processing; and insurance.
Supervise up to 10 full time and casual staff and organized and chair monthly staff meetings. Facilitate annual inventory process. Maintain electronic banking operations. Accept sole responsibility for hiring and termination of employment of staff. Organize stock intakes. Coordinate and host special events. Build strong relations with industry representatives and nurture VIP customers. Skillfully resolve all customer service issues to mutual satisfaction. Represent Music Depot at industry functions.
At 20 years was the youngest person to be awarded senior management status within the company, and with no formal training or experience and faced with learning from scratch and on the run, was charged by absent Director/Owner with full accountability for all aspects of operations.
Met challenge enthusiastically drawing upon high degree of intrinsic motivation, leadership and organization skills and vital ability to think laterally and creatively to institute aggressive marketing strategies including ensuring new releases hit the shelves before other stores; all new advertising and promotional material displayed upon arrival; motivated staff to maintain exceptional level of customer service at all times; maximized merchandise appeal; and others. Achieved highest annual revenue for retail music outlet of similar size.
· Single-handedly developed and executed staff training and development strategies, motivating and mentoring to level of service excellence. Implemented Key Performance Indicators and coaching to achieve targets. Dramatically increased customer loyalty, with feedback received indicating helpful, polite staff being the major reason. Client feedback further motivated staff and produced happy relaxed work environment.
· Reduced expenditure through development of streamlined roster system and sourcing of new suppliers for stationery and other in-store expenses.
· Actively studied market research and consumer trends determining demand, potential sales volume and competitor impact. Developed and implemented appropriate marketing strategies to increase revenue and manage store through two most profitable trading days exceeding previous records by 8%.
· Significantly exceeded past manager’s performance levels rapidly achieving peak performance resulting in reduced expenditure, enhanced profits, lower staff attrition rate, and increased customer loyalty.
· Functioned as Supervisor for TRAC (Training Retail and Commerce) program taking students onboard to learn all necessary retail sales skills.
TRAX – Darwin, Northern Territory
2001 to 2002
Assistant Manager / Casual Sales Assistant (Key Holder duties)
Functioned as vital link between management and employees demonstrating innate ability to independently perceive and meet customer and staff needs. Exercised 30% administrative accountability, 70% sales and 100% leadership by example.
Received rapid promotion to Key Holder accountability within months of initial employment as casual sales assistant. Supervised and motivated 15 staff.
· Vital team member to achieve Lend Lease ‘Entertainment Retailer of the Year’. Consistently met and exceeded sales targets as vital contributor to achieving most successful and efficient sales and customer service team in company history. Only member of staff to receive promotion.
· Received further promotion to 2IC over hundreds of candidates resulting in reduction of training costs and an assistant manager able to hit the ground running.
TAMINMIN HIGH SCHOOL – Humpty Doo, Northern Territory
Relief Teacher – Vocational Education & Training Certificate 1 in Music Industry Skills
Taught Nationally Accredited course detailing fundamentals to achieving employment in the music industry. Classes involved 30 students in Years 10 and 11.
Devised inspiring and unique techniques to deliver in-depth training utilizing lectures, workbooks and experimental exercises covering various course competencies including: develop and update music industry knowledge; develop music knowledge and listening skills; health and safety procedures specific to the music industry; working with diverse factions within the music industry; technical skills for playing or singing; performance/instrumental techniques; purchase/hire of equipment; stage lighting; PA system; and numerous others. Documented student competencies and compiled report cards. Communicated with other teachers regarding student and program progress.
· Accepted as early stage member of VET program. Personal curriculum success was instrumental in advancing program to be implemented in 4 schools across the Northern Territory supporting long student waiting lists.
· Proactive initiatives led to involvement of various professional industry representatives coming to meet and instruct students.
· Achieved 100% pass rate and numerous students advancing to further industry related study, performance or employment in a related field. Successful student completion equated to stage 1 credit towards Northern Territory Certificate of Education.
ST MARY’S AFTER SCHOOL CARE/
YMCA HOLIDAY PROGRAM – Darwin, Northern Territory
1999 to 2001
Group Leader/Craft and Music Coordinator
Supervised up to 30 children aged 5 to 12 with accountability for safety, planning and coordination of excursions, design of activity programs and purchase of supplies. Participated in sports activities including set up of equipment.
· Designed and implemented first structured music and craft program.
Beverley Neil - firstname.lastname@example.org