Public Management Supervisor
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Manager with experience in capital improvement projects, capitalization and funding, operational management, community relations, organizational audits, consulting, public relations and media relations, project management, and sensitive negotiations. Use graduate degree in Public Finance Administration to handle governmental affairs issues.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Skilled in all aspects of finance and audit operations, including employee supervision, overseeing audit procedures, analysis of audit results, coordination with upper management to develop and present audit results, and development of special programs.
• Experienced in contract compliance, risk assessment and risk management, and the administration and monitoring of contract and concession agreements. Knowledge in legislative and intergovernmental matters.
• Noted for negotiating skills, working well individually or in teams, and excellent human relations and interpersonal abilities.
• Experienced with volunteers in non-profit agencies, recruitment, training, and motivation of volunteer groups. Knowledgeable in human resource management, employee relations, and following affirmative action and EEOC regulations.
• Demonstrated communications through interaction with civic leaders at all levels of City government, presentation-making, production of detailed written strategic plans and analyses, public relations, media outreach, public speaking, volunteer training, editing and production of detailed reports and memos, meeting facilitation, and VIP relations.
City Office, Anytown, Mississippi
2000 - Present
Assistant to the Chief
Povided public management experience by administering the overall goals, policies, and objectives through executive branch departments and municipal agencies. Provide executive-legislative support for activities involving the City Council, intergovernmental matters with other jurisdictions, and coordination with the Directors of Public Works, Parks and Recreation, and the Human and Cultural Services departments. Monitor contract compliance and expenditures, track payments involving capital projects, and ensure fiscal responsibility. Assigned to represent the CAO on various committees, and in meetings relative to projects and problem resolution with other governmental agencies, elected officials, and City departmental personnel.
Institute for Disability Studies, Anytown, Mississippi
1999 - 2000
Participated in an 8-month workshop focused on training selected individuals to become informed advocates for people with disabilities, supervised participants at a designated distance learning site, distributed training session informational materials, and facilitated flow of information between sites.
Community College, Anytown, Mississippi
1998 - 1999
Assisted the Director in preparation for the College for Institutional Self-Study, the development of the College's strategic plan, coordination of the English Writing Proficiency Exam, organized and scheduled meetings to ensure project deadlines, assisted in student registration, proctored examinations and test evaluations.
State University, Anytown, Mississippi
1997 - 1998
Performed a variety of administrative functions to assist the Department Chair, coordinated various activities within the Department, including the Pi Alpha Alpha induction ceremony, and assisted Chair and faculty members by conducting and compiling library research.
State University, Anytown, Mississippi
Masters, Public Policy and Administration
Concentration: Public Finance Administration
Academic Honors and Awards: Dr. Leslie B. McLemore Student of the Year Award, Pi Alpha Alpha Public Administration Honor Society,
Leadership Activities: Vice President of Membership for Toastmasters International
Relevant Coursework: Intergovernmental Relations, State and Local Government Budgeting and Finance, Program Development and Operation, Urban Management and Services, Healthcare Finance Administration, Seminar in Executive Leadership
State University, Jackson, Mississippi
Bachelor of Arts, English
Academic Honors and Awards: Dean's List, Graduated Cum Laude, Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society
Leadership Activities: Student Coordinator for Congressional Election, Presenter for Mississippi Action for Minority Participation
Relevant Coursework: Legal Research and Writing, Business Law, Introduction to Legal Aspects, American Political Parties and Pressure Groups, American Government, Introduction to Political Science
Community College, Anytown, Georgia
IBM-PC and Macintosh, including Microsoft Windows 95 / 98, WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the Internet, E-mail, and various spreadsheet, word processing, and database programs
PRWRA Grant Cooper - Strategic Resumes / YWW - New Orleans, LA 70118 - email@example.com